The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss LS pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
MLM said:
Also noticing that the black filler panel on the decklid is a tack-on piece, so there may be body-color paint underneath. And no more dash-mounted gauges for the LS (I guess the are moot now).

Video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1yLErzfU4k

If that piece fits the 2012 I'll get it. I don't really care for the new gauges and the LCD display is kind of cool but I like the 2012 analog gauges better.

jec246

I think everyone agrees when I say. The 2012 is faster than the 2013. I mean it got to the finish line a whole year ahead! lol :p

keeping my 2012. much better looking. There's way too much going on with this car. don't like the stripes. The front end, tail lights are awful looking. It looks like someone bought a car then slapped a bunch of aftermarket plastic on it, similar to saleen. why paint the bottom strip the same as the car? That doesnt work at all, ruins the lines of the car imo.

98RedGT

2012 #552
rom said:
hmm, its ok, not crazy about it, looks like a GT slapped with Shelby wanabee body add ons, dont like the wheels, agree stripes are incomplete, hate Hids, the extra paint everywhere makes it look heavy and not even talking about the fact it will chip (!), dont like the license plate area that seems too Euro friendly, along with the track apps and sync and fog lights, this will definitely become a "bourgeoise" version of a bare bone true muscle car

feel better now I have a 2012 :)

I did read that the stripes will be reflective, thats pretty cool though !

Agree, to much like a Shelby that is trying to please some Euro styling. Glad I got 2012.

98RedGT

2012 #552
MLM said:
Also noticing that the black filler panel on the decklid is a tack-on piece, so there may be body-color paint underneath. And no more dash-mounted gauges for the LS (I guess the are moot now).

Video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1yLErzfU4k

Noticed in the video that the honey comb of the grille is now only closed in the topmost and bottom most rows, where as rest is open. Wonder if this is for better cooling?

Having owned two 70 Boss 302's, I can say I was always a fan of the 70 over the 69 (hockey reflective, shaker hood, Hurst shifter, rear sway bar and a few other items that I thought made it a better car).

That being said, I am glad I got the 12 as I really like the look and the C stripe.

The 13 leaves the BOSS too low on the fender, has no hood stripes to tie into. That leaves them too open and looks kind of like the Saleen PJ (the 70 BOSS was at the top of the fender and therefore visually ties into the hood stripes). I do like that the 13 stripes are reflective. Don't like the red bar around the tail lights that come on. Don't care for the HID, hood, sync.

But these are a few styling differences for me - the car still has an awesome motor and handles great. What ever one you buy, they are great cars!!!

200 mph Shelby - awesome!

I do wish our cars had the cooling vents in the hood. That is about the only change that I liked.

This comment cracked me up........

I like the Leguna Shelby.

Sometimes it takes awhile for new styling to sink in and be appreciated. Initially I'm not blown away with what I've seen of the 2013. But, if I didn't have a 2012 I'd still want to own one and would think a 2013 was great if I did. Plus, it is always much different when you see a car in person anytime and that will really be the test of the whole 2013 package imo.

I'm pretty sure the price for the 2013s will be higher. Will be interested to see how much the weight will increase. Wonder if the mufflers will be the same stock ones we have on the 2012s or if they'll but on what had been on the Shelbys to offset any weight increase the new goodies might add to 2013s.

5 DOT 0 said:
Also there will be a 2014 Boss 351. ;)

I hope you're wrong, and I would be surprised if they did since Ford clearly noted that the BOSS would only be made for 2 years. Plus since they are putting the 5.8L in the Shelby I don't see them putting it in the BOSS also.

2014 is the next gen right? 50th anniv? Word has been the next gen will be smaller and lighter, so the platform clearly will have to fit a 351.

TMO Supporting Vendors