The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss LS pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimprw said:
2014 is the next gen right? 50th anniv? Word has been the next gen will be smaller and lighter, so the platform clearly will have to fit a 351.
Next gen will be a 2014 1/2. ;)

cloud9 said:
Vince said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Also there will be a 2014 Boss 351. ;)

I'm going to need a divorce attorney next year
Seriously Vince, you have at least 15 months to work on her. Plenty of time to close that deal. ;)

I'm going to need every minute of those 15 months - I had to convince her that the 2012 was the best thing since sliced bread, I'd die if I didn't get it, etc... :)

I hope you're right - she doesn't want anything, so bribing is out of the question...

Mine doesn't want anything, so bribing doesn't work for me either. I've found using my 17 year-old's tactics of "persistence" until you give in works better :D

5 DOT 0 said:
Vince said:
I'm going to need every minute of those 15 months - I had to convince her that the 2012 was the best thing since sliced bread, I'd die if I didn't get it, etc... :)

I hope you're right - she doesn't want anything, so bribing is out of the question...
A larger (heavier) engine doesn't necessarily equate to a better car track car.
Unless it comes on an aluminum chassis ;D Wishful thinking......

5 DOT 0 said:
Vince said:

A larger (heavier) engine doesn't necessarily equate to a better car track car.

My '08 GT500 was nose heavy, but I'm thinking an N/A 351 won't be that much heavier than the 302. And if it's positioned slighter rearward and lower...

Vince said:
cloud9 said:
Vince said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Also there will be a 2014 Boss 351. ;)

I'm going to need a divorce attorney next year
Seriously Vince, you have at least 15 months to work on her. Plenty of time to close that deal. ;)

It's good to be single. No need to bribe anyone. Besides, I'm eyeing a 63' Fairlane for my next project, my LS will most likely be my last Stang.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
5 DOT 0 said:
jimprw said:
A Boss 351? Seriously?
Dave Pericak was asked about 2013 being the last year and his response was "history will repeat itself". With the 5.8L, or 351, in the 2013 GT500 there is an engine available.

So far they have been pretty accurate on following the same path as the 69 & 70. The 69 Boss 302 was a design specific car and if it was nonfunctional it was not incorporated into the car. Even the non functional rear quarter panel scoops that were on all other 69 fast backs were omitted. The 70 boss had a lot more creature comforts that were not available in the 69. I see the same thing happening between the 2012 and 2013 Bosses with the HID lights, SYNC LCD dash display.

Dark Horse said:
So far they have been pretty accurate on following the same path as the 69 & 70.

Except -- I'd like a 429 with just two small decals on the entire car -- "BOSS 429"

Seems like Ford was monitoring this forum. The grill foglights are now open for better cooling with snap on covers removeable for track use. Do you guys get a kick back for doing the testing here? I like the 2012 way better. Glad I went with my gut instinct and didn't wait for the 2013.

Thought it was just me ..... glad to see others dont like the changes either...the reason I like my 12 Boss so much as it was purposefully built for one thing without fluff, I picked it over a GT500 I was eye balling with the nav and other user friendly stuff....seems now they are trying to civilize the Boss a bit.....rather have the basics.

cf6mech said:
Thought it was just me ..... glad to see others dont like the changes either...the reason I like my 12 Boss so much as it was purposefully built for one thing without fluff, I picked it over a GT500 I was eye balling with the nav and other user friendly stuff....seems now they are trying to civilize the Boss a bit.....rather have the basics.
Early on I was worried the Boss was going to be too raw. It's not and TK makes it a bit more raw. ;D

Personally I'm glad I got the '12 and I like my color combination which I see isn't available in '13. That said, I think the '13s are going to be awesome too and there are some colors I'd love as well. I really like the SBY, Black/Sterling and Grabber Blue options. Everyone has different preferences so I think between the offerings from both model years, there's something for almost everyone. I just wish we could have gotten the vented grille and hood they put into the '13.

GA
cloud9 said:
Personally I'm glad I got the '12 and I like my color combination which I see isn't available in '13. That said, I think the '13s are going to be awesome too and there are some colors I'd love as well. I really like the SBY, Black/Sterling and Grabber Blue options. Everyone has different preferences so I think between the offerings from both model years, there's something for almost everyone. I just wish we could have gotten the vented grille and hood they put into the '13.

I may tempt myelf by checking out a 2013 GT in Sterling Gray with the track package. I doubt I could afford to take the hit on the 2012, even at X-plan.

TMO Supporting Vendors