The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarily in 3rd gear I hear noise seemingly from the upper left Air Conditioning duct. Anyone else have this issue?

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Patrick:

Welcome to the site! Perhaps you could eloborate on the "Noise" that you are hearing? Not knowing what sound you are hearing.....there is the "Sound Tube" that enhances the intake sound...it is connected into the drivers side firewall...this might be what you're hearing? With more description...the guys here will have some answers for you.

Welcome to BMO. Yes more detail is needed. I get a weird rattle sound between 80-100. On track only of course. ;) I think it's either the rear headrest or seat back that doesn't latch securely.

Thx for the welcome guys!!! In third gear it makes almost a rattle sound on the left side like the AC vent is loose. Sound wether AC is on or not. No noise in any other gears. Very pronounced. There is in fact a tube coming from the intake into the block in the exact area of the noise. Senderofan might be on the money...

TMO Supporting Vendors