The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss on GT6 for PS3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I found this to be of interest, they are releasing it 12-6-2012. I have been waiting along time for this.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/cars/

i1BRMKQFEubZS.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
No no no. They got it all wrong. The fastest color is CO. They couldn't catch one to render it, hence it not being in the game. IJS ;D

Question though: aren't you guys greatly disappointed when you drive your car in a game and realize that the handling traits are nothing anything near what the real car behaves like? I know it's a lot to ask for from a game, because they likely have only 1 suspension model for all their cars....but still :)

boro92 said:
Question though: aren't you guys greatly disappointed when you drive your car in a game and realize that the handling traits are nothing anything near what the real car behaves like? I know it's a lot to ask for from a game, because they likely have only 1 suspension model for all their cars....but still :)

I think the hard part is that a couch and controller doesn't feel like a seat and steering wheel.

TMSBOSS said:
For about $500.00 you can fix that, amazon.

Wheel, shifter and pedals $300.00. Seat with mounts $200.00.

Your right about about the wheel but a fold up chair and a sturdy table ( won't spill my beer ) suits me fine. This is the whell I have and I have no complaints, nice feed back too. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g27-racing-wheel

I'll see if I can pick up a virtual Boss tonite.

Brandon302 said:
I think the hard part is that a couch and controller doesn't feel like a seat and steering wheel.

I wish that was the case :)
FWIW, I picked up GT6 today.
The sounds for engine/exhaust are not that accurate, and the tire squeal noise continues to be very digital sounding.

On the car's handling: For me, it's not a matter of not having a controller and pedals. It's the inherit characteristics of how the car works in your hands.
In real life, the Boss is generally neutral corner entry, followed by not so fantastic mid corner bite (but modest amounts of mid-corner rotation should you need it), and wrapped up by needing the patience to wait and roll into the throttle for exit or too much traction is lost. The car has tons of vertical motion, and likes to raise/drop the nose during shifts and on/off throttle. The car has lots of brake dive and can get some tail wag under really hard braking...

None of those characteristics are present in this game. The car has mild push on entry (even when trail braking), it has moderate push mid corner and playing with throttle inputs doesn't really fix it too much, and on exit you can hammer on the gas like it was awd. That..........is not very Boss 302 like at all :(

Oh and PS - the game has impossibly excellent brakes on all cars from factory, and tire heat management doesn't seem to be like a thing in the world of GT6 (can you tell that I'm not that thrilled about the game?). Maybe I'm asking for too much, but IMO, even Forza4 was a much better job from a physics perspective. Sniff sniff.

boro92 said:
I wish that was the case :)
FWIW, I picked up GT6 today.
The sounds for engine/exhaust are not that accurate, and the tire squeal noise continues to be very digital sounding.

On the car's handling: For me, it's not a matter of not having a controller and pedals. It's the inherit characteristics of how the car works in your hands.
In real life, the Boss is generally neutral corner entry, followed by not so fantastic mid corner bite (but modest amounts of mid-corner rotation should you need it), and wrapped up by needing the patience to wait and roll into the throttle for exit or too much traction is lost. The car has tons of vertical motion, and likes to raise/drop the nose during shifts and on/off throttle. The car has lots of brake dive and can get some tail wag under really hard braking...

None of those characteristics are present in this game. The car has mild push on entry (even when trail braking), it has moderate push mid corner and playing with throttle inputs doesn't really fix it too much, and on exit you can hammer on the gas like it was awd. That..........is not very Boss 302 like at all :(

Oh and PS - the game has impossibly excellent brakes on all cars from factory, and tire heat management doesn't seem to be like a thing in the world of GT6 (can you tell that I'm not that thrilled about the game?). Maybe I'm asking for too much, but IMO, even Forza4 was a much better job from a physics perspective. Sniff sniff.

I thought it was pretty close to the 1x I tracked my car. Did you turn all the nanny's off and put the cheapest tire's on? With a FFB wheel it's a lot of fun, and you drink a couple of beers try things you normally wouldn't.
I would like to know if the Willow Springs is really the way it's portrayed in the game, I love that track.
Enjoy the game, get a wheel, you'll definitely notice the difference when you have the right body parts involved ( hands, feet, eye's). :)

Update: The sound is crap. Not much difference between the cars. Is Forenza more in line with the real thing? Christmas isn't here yet and the wife needs a stocking stuffer.

Brandon302 said:
Nice that they got everything right on it, too bad it has to be in GT since Forza is a much better game. ;)
A bit off topic but do you think Forza 5 will be released for X Box 360 after the holidays?

I'm also thinking my son needs the Logitech G27 wheel setup for Christmas. ;D

NFSBOSS said:
A bit off topic but do you think Forza 5 will be released for X Box 360 after the holidays?

I'm also thinking my son needs the Logitech G27 wheel setup for Christmas. ;D

I don't think it is going to come out for 360. I think they decided to just make it for the One, which is both good and bad. Sucks to not have it till you drop 500 bucks but it should be a better game since they didn't have to worry about what they can't do on the 360 or vice versa.

I did not necessarily like the way Boss behaved in GT6, but the truth to be told, at least the way I view it, GT6 physics are noticeably better than GT5, weight transfer, trail braking, ...etc, u can feel it.
I do logitech GT force though.

Update: upgrade the brakes and the Boss becomes a better car! It is balance but u still feel its weight in GT6

firefighter120

just an ordinary guy with an extra-ordinary car
It's no where nearly as gratifying as driving the real thing but when its snowing in New York,

PS3 $170 Gamestop
G27 logitech 3 pedal and steering wheel set up $200 ebay
GT6 $60
Wheel stand pro $160

The images will have my car mods and the best handling settings. Please NOTE, I'm no expert but I did give an experienced radical driver in his xbow/lotus elise and audi quattro rallye car (Matched his PP on all cars) a run for his money at Sarthe, Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit Bathurst Australia and Brands Hatch Track Circuit England.

And when the PP isn't at 100%, the HP is bumped up to 856 bhp and body fat is trimmed down to 2907.9lbs, with 20 inch rims but even the base / stock model handles/performs as good as my own car.

Enjoy!

http://www.boss302forum.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-13376-0-79564100-1386913819_thumb.jpg

http://www.boss302forum.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-13376-0-97148300-1386913808_thumb.jpg

Hope the JPEG show

http://youtu.be/AcshNxRzqj0

http://youtu.be/ftLFVZ1heiQ

TMO Supporting Vendors