The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUPRMN said:
So the club I belong to got an email from Ford who states there will be a total of 3,370 2013 Boss 302's built. 2,713 regular and 657 LS 302's.
Thanks, that's interesting. I wonder how they came up with that number? Maybe the combined 2012/2013 production will equal the 1969/1970 production?

How many 12s are there so far? Ford said back before they came out that they were going to do more 13s than 12s, but they also said they were going to do less 12s than they did. My guess would be they will sell as many as people are willing to pay for, just like with the GT500s. They also said 14s would be low supply like the 12s, but then they never mentioned those again. I'm sure someone would have spotted a mule or something if they were really making a Boss 351

CaliMR said:
How many 12s are there so far?

3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes.

On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

The last LS started production on Dec. 3rd, the last Boss on Dec. 23rd.

So 3250 Standard Boss 302s and 766 Boss 302 Laguna Secas

From here...........The Boss Registry https://trackmustangsonline.com/2012-and-2012-boss-302-and-boss-302-laguna-seca-registry/boss-302-build-numbers-rapid-spec-500a/30/

CaliMR said:
Ford said back before they came out that they were going to do more 13s than 12s, but they also said they were going to do less 12s than they did. My guess would be they will sell as many as people are willing to pay for, just like with the GT500s.

The earliest number I saw batted about were from here.........Mustangs Daily.com http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/09/13/borders-online-bookstore-leaks-2012-boss-302-production-numbers/

They reported about "3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars" so that's close to the numbers made..........

CaliMR said:
They also said 14s would be low supply like the 12s, but then they never mentioned those again. I'm sure someone would have spotted a mule or something if they were really making a Boss 351

Who said what?

Magazine article reporting what someone at Ford told them, it was over a year ago so I don't remember what magazine. IIRC it was something like 2500/7000/2500 but I don't recall the exact numbers. I still think they will build as many as people will buy. There are a bunch of oranges left in this area, couple blues and a red last I checked, most with markup on them still, and people in other areas I know have said there are plenty in dealerships there as well depending on the color you want. One in ATL supposedly has 3 that have a thick layer of dust on them. My guess is they stopped at 3250 because they though that is what they could sell.

It has been speculated and then confirmed dating back to the Boss intro at Laguna Seca in August 2010 that Ford would make 3,250 Boss and 750 LS cars. It’s pretty difficult to have a specific allocation process where each dealer is allocated x number of Boss and LS cars by quarter and then make as many cars as they can sell. Expect the same thing for MY 2013.

MLM

Mike
My understanding is that the allocation process is a consequence of the limited production, not the other way around.

My dealer told me they went through lottery deal again, and they got one only, and it has to be ordered in green????
He did not like it, but he is going to order it in third quarter.

PJWANNABE said:
5 DOT 0 said:
PJWANNABE said:
5 DOT 0 said:
The heated mirrors and puddle lights come standard on all base GT's so now they are included on the Boss. Same with SYNC and HID's.

The Homelink opener would have been nice either in the mirror or the sunshade. Much more usable than pony shaped puddle lights. ::)

My 2012 Premium GT has a Homelink opener in the driver visor, so I would imagine that since the 2013 Boss is based on a Premium GT now it will have one also.
I'm pretty sure the Boss is based on a base GT not the premium.

Someone posted something here from their order that said it was optioned on top of a GT premium.

FWIW, on my DORA it reads:

Mustang GT Coupe Premium

Then it went on to describe the various Boss 302 options.

TMO Supporting Vendors