The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss SBY - Touch up paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Went to dealer in Kissimmee to acquire bottle for new 2013 SBY and was told it was not available yet. Person at counter stated it takes about 6 months to come out but the car was built 12 months ago. True or not?

He gave me the Ford Code for SBY = B-1.

Do not need it but like to have around just in case.

Txs

Good to know, thanks! I bought a Dr. Color Chip repair kit in SBY...used it a week ago, and it is not great match for the factory color... dried a bit darker.

Apparently SBY is quite difficult to match. Had to have my front bumper cover replaced last fall, and the body shop I took it to, which has very good reputation among local hot rodders and restorers, had they a biznitch of a time getting a good color match, despite using the factory mix codes. Since it's non-metallic and only uses three or four pigments in the mix, they thought it would be fairly easy to match.

They painted 8 small "test" panels first, then used the mix from the best panel to paint the cover. But after it dried it was a shade or two too dark. Upshot was that they had to repaint the cover twice to get it to match (now it actually matches the rest of the body better than the factory rear bumper cover).

Anyway, whatever comes out of the touch up bottle may not match the factory paint perfectly.

they have 12 available right now here -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170822669311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

13deboss302 said:
Went to dealer in Kissimmee to acquire bottle for new 2013 SBY and was told it was not available yet. Person at counter stated it takes about 6 months to come out but the car was built 12 months ago. True or not?

He gave me the Ford Code for SBY = B-1.

Do not need it but like to have around just in case.

Txs

automotivetouchup.com has the B1 code paint for the 2013 SBY Boss. I bought a 2oz touchup bottle, and a 12oz rattle can (going to paint my coil covers) and was very pleasantly surprised with with the quality of the match. My understanding is that the SBY is a 3 stage paint....so yes, incredibly hard to match with a single stage base color, but I was very pleased with the results. My 2013 SBY is a daily driver, so I pick up a lot of little chips and dings....so was relieved when someone finally had a touchup product!

I just ordered SBY touch-up paint from the local Ford dealer today. His inventory showed some at a dealer in CA and in the Ford warehouse.

TMO Supporting Vendors