The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Stripes Peeling/Flaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just looked at my strip on my upper drivers side where it says boss and the sticker is lifting and looks to be some dirt under the sticker near that. Mycar only has 3300 miles and has only been dusted off, never washed as far as i can tell (second owner) so i am going to take it to the dealer mondy and see if i can get this fixed since theres only 10 months left on the warranty. BTW i looked to see if there was any TSB on this and i could not find any.

I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. Lot of help that was. Just restated that the ticket was already submitted by the dealer and Ford denied because it appeared the letters were lifting due to high pressure water source. What a load of crap! Going to work on regional service rep next, but not holding out any hope. In 30+ years of owning Fords, I have never had a warranty issue that they just blew off like this. Very disappointing.

I went to the local dealer and talked to the owner as he is a Boss owner too. They do sell the right door and 1/4 front as a kit--but still $300. I'll live with the small piece missing for awhile.

Update - after e-mailing the regional service manager, he promptly responded and told me the manager for my zone would contact me shortly to handle the matter. Got a call this morning from the zone service manager and was told my repairs would be handled under warranty. Both were very prompt and courteous and apologized for the initial problems I have encountered. Thanks Ford for stepping up!

I will try again--do I need to fill out paperwork at the dealer to get it started? Both times I just talked to them and that's where it ended, any help would be appreciated.

Did the dealer already submit a warranty claim that was denied? If so, based on my experience, you will need to contact the regional service manager to get anywhere. Ask the dealer for the contact info.

TMO Supporting Vendors