The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 boss with 1200 miles..for sale..salvage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

US
https://www.copart.com/lot/37280619

I was looking at this car to potentially pick up and Flip or part out but I really don't need another project at this time. It looks to be in excellent shape runs and drives so this might be an easy job to get sorted out. Certainly would make a great base for a race car or even a Sunday driver. In the state of Illinois where I live it's a bit more of a pain to get a license plate for this vehicle. Much easier and many other states.41ff5d8075a25c95f1c382dfd7a119f7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Flipping a salvage car is not necessarily a good idea , as most folks expect to steal it and some Banks will not even finance a branded title. Now, using it for the basis of a track car , that is a good option and a good place to start if you want to build your own track beast, imho.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Its a Flood Car. Which means it has had water as low as the floor board and maybe over the roof.

Hard to smell the damage from a picture.

If I was buying the car for cores, I would expect to have to tear down everything and start over. Major components rebuilt, wiring in the trash, body striped of everything, painted and start over. Great if you are building a racecar where you would do this anyway. For a street rebuild? Not for me.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We had major flood issues around here, and I would not entertain getting a flood damaged vehicle unless it was for a pure race car as TMS suggested!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well that is not too bad considering the local track was only a mere 14 ft. under water - up to the console sounds pretty good compared to that ,ha?! Serious flooding , so think about a race car only, as electricals likely compromised!!! Electronics are a huge, huge cost to replace!!

Last edited:
US
That car was auctioned off in Nebraska. I don't know what it sold for but last I saw it was in the 10k range. Might have been a great deal for someone. But too far for me to go look at it. She's gone now.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel