The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Camaro 1LE "Faster" than Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now we have head to head competition in the pony car division: Mustang GT vs. Camaro SS, GT500 vs. ZL1, and now Chevy has laid down that the new 1LE Camaro is $37K and beats the Boss around VIR. Of course they used their own test driver and compared the times to Car and Driver's times with the Boss. Also, if you watch the video of their lap, the driver goes WAY over the redline multiple times. Either the 1LE doesn't have a rev limiter, or they disabled it. Not sure how long that engine will last with that kind of abuse.

I think it is now up to Ford to counter with their own driver and a 2013 Laguna Seca.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240616

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Let's see the 1LE vs the LS at Laguna Seca. Of course GM is going to pick a track that allows the heavier car to win head to head. I bet there are some tracks where the M3 that the LS beat can eke out a better time on. It's called 'marketing'. Let's see how many 1LE's you see trying to keep up with the V cars and P cars (behind Gary's Boss ;) ) on various different tracks, not just the lone 'ringer track' .

The Shelby still has the track record there. LOL. http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia_international_raceway.html

Its all good. The 1LE Camaro is considerably less expensive than the Boss, so it is definitely the bargain track car now. I knew about the 1LE before buying my Boss, and I decided to spend the extra $10K. I can't stand the Transformers styling and sitting in a bathtub feeling when driving a Camaro, not to mention the Fisher-Price gauges and plastic in the interior.

If you can deal with all of that, the 1LE looks like a good choice. You can order any luxo option you want (except an auto of course) and still get the 1LE package, which is a bargain at $3500. I'll point out that the 1LE package gets you all of the oil/trans/diff coolers that come on the Laguna Seca, plus the transmission we *wish* we had. It is a nice package.

Hope the new 1LE owners enjoy paying even more for tires than we do for the Boss though! 285/35R20 tires all around.

No need to counter this. A head to head test should suffice - equal conditions, same driver. Unless they have redefined physics, that "test" was self-congratulatory staged garbage.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel