The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 GT500 hood swap on a Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone install a GT500 hood on 2013 Boss. I got a 2013 GT500 Race Red Hood with Blue stripes from a buddy of mine. My car is Race Red and am thinking of installing it on my Boss.

Where can I get the best deal on hood stripes, looks like it is going to cost about $1000 plus for stripes. Man those stripes are expensive.

The hood is hanging as art work from ceiling in my garage for now.

Any thoughts about changing my hood are welcomed.

image.jpg

The stickers are only sold by ford :'( The stripes are going to be expensive due to the fact that 3m is the maker of the reflective stripes and the r gold silver color and size are licensed to ford only.

I would test fit the GT500 hood and remove the stripes off of it. It will look ok but for the money your going to spend on the stickers I would just go with a Tiger Racing hood.

]16127806970_579667202b_b.jpg [/url]

16314326102_6a4b672d49_b.jpg [/url]

Blue Boss RS said:
The stickers are only sold by ford :'( The stripes are going to be expensive due to the fact that 3m is the maker of the reflective stripes and the r gold silver color and size are licensed to ford only.

I would test fit the GT500 hood and remove the stripes off of it. It will look ok but for the money your going to spend on the stickers I would just go with a Tiger Racing hood.

It really looks great. I noticed you have some stripes across the top of the hood. What stripes did you use on the hood? What was the approximate cost of the hood, paint and stripe?

We put a '12 GT500 hood on my Fiance's 14 V6 and it bolted right up with no issues. Fits like a glove, all '13-14s have the same front end as the GT500.

TMO Supporting Vendors