The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 GT500 Quad Tip axle backs on a 2013 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-boss-302-mustang-373/889610-2013-boss-302-2013-gt500-quad-exhaust.html Sexy!

Yep it looks outstanding. They look better on the Boss than they do the GT500. ;)

IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg

looks great, I always wanted to do the swap first time I saw the '13 GT500.

I wonder what type of fasteners/hardware he had to buy, he just shows the ones he removed. can anyone ask him that question?
I'm not a member on that site, yet lol

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Wow, that actually looks really good...looks like I've got my weekend mapped out. ;D

I don't have my car handy, is that section of the bumper removable on the 12s and if so is it interchangeable? I'm probably going Roush but still curious.

I Must admit i do like the look of these on the GT500 but im thinking that the actual rear diffuser looks different in regards to airflow and the handling might be compromised for track use but a great look

Quad exhaust looks great but the 12 SVT wheels do wonders. I personally think the darker, almost black, 13 Shelby SVT wheels would look even better on the Boss with the black trim. I never liked the factory Boss wheels.... Sorry guys but they remind me of the wheels on my grandpas cultivator back in the 60's...

blk12svt said:
Quad exhaust looks great but the 12 SVT wheels do wonders. I personally think the darker, almost black, 13 Shelby SVT wheels would look even better on the Boss with the black trim. I never liked the factory Boss wheels.... Sorry guys but they remind me of the wheels on my grandpas cultivator back in the 60's...
LOL and I agree. The stock wheels didn't last 24 hours on my Boss.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Looks like Late Model Restoration has this as a kit (mufflers and rear valance)...almost $1000 after shipping. Might have to just stick with another solution, but man it looks good!

I'm pretty sure the parts can be purchased separately for a lot cheaper.
I think I saw someone mention that tousley Ford was selling the valence for ~$160, and I don't see the axlebacks costing ~$900 down the road.

TMO Supporting Vendors