The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Laguna Seca wheels paint code

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Question has been asked before on classified forum but I did not get a definitive answer. Just bought some ford racing 302S rims that are gloss black but want to paint them to look like stock LS rims. Some have speculated that Sterling Grey is the color. Does anyone know for sure or can someone how owns an LS compare a paint chip and confirm. Have checked on all forums, dealers, Ford reps even called Ford SVT. Any additional info would be appreciated.

mine are sterling gray.

the best match i have found is this one.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang

steve-o

If you're using a local body shop they should be able to order the paint from their supplier. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Let me know how they turn out.

I planned to have mine powder coated but grew impatient. I just use the rears at the drag strip. No one has noticed that the wheels are different colors. If you get yours painted please let us know how they look and hold up.

Had my black accent rims painted sterling grey and clear coated over top, obtained paint and coating codes through Ford dealer from a Boss LS VIN number (which gave access to paint codes for all painted surfaces)........paint looks great but have sent back to redo as the clear coat had a rough edge.....owever I am pleased with the outcome - just picky on the finish.

Sbybossman said:
Question has been asked before on classified forum but I did not get a definitive answer. Just bought some ford racing 302S rims that are gloss black but want to paint them to look like stock LS rims. Some have speculated that Sterling Grey is the color. Does anyone know for sure or can someone how owns an LS compare a paint chip and confirm. Have checked on all forums, dealers, Ford reps even called Ford SVT. Any additional info would be appreciated.

If you take the red /silver LS paint code to your local Nason Dealer the will make you a dead match. If you e-mail me off line I will dig out the paint can and give you the number. They will also put it in a spray can. With the red you need at least five or six coats to get a good cover.

Thr Gray versus the Black are not the only difference. I took my LS wheels off & replaced them with the 302S Wheels (so I could drive in the winter). The polished section of the LS wheels is not the same finish as the 302S wheels. No one would ever notice this unless you happened to be parked next to an LS.

TMO Supporting Vendors