The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Mustang GT Track Days - Toyo R888's on 9" Brembo to use 265/35 or 295/30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
Just want to poll the site for some advice and experience. I have been tracking my 2013 Mustang Gt Track Pack for 3 years now and been using a spare set of Brembo wheels for some of these track days. I currently have a set of 275/35-19 Dunlop Dirrezzas but was wanting to move up to Toyo R888's. I know the Brembo's are narrow for a 295 tire, but will this still provide better traction / wear than a 265 width on the same Brembo wheel?

For reference, I have Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates with their 320+ pound springs and Koni adjustable shocks for suspension. The car is capable of more but my best times at Barber are currently in the 1:47 range. Eventually I plan to go to Forgestars with 315 widths but it is not in the budget for the next round of tires.

Thanks

Skip the 888's and go straight to NT01's.

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
Re: 2013 Mustang GT Track Days - Toyo R888's on 9" Brembo to use 265/35 or 295/30?

Don't have any tires narrower than 305.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I have used R888's and NT01's...they aren't bad. Predictable and they are quite durable. They are a good beginner/intermediate tire but an advanced driver will overheat them quickly and they will get greasy and lose grip.

I'd say grip between the two tires is about the same but the NTO1's will be more consistent. The R888's will last longer

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel