The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 NASA Nationals Update Placeholder!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I know at least smittytx is up at MMP right now racing AI with NASA Nationals... Here's a thread to kickstart the stories in the aftermath!

1270683_10151865627483254_207137399_o.jpg

Well I had a pretty good race yesterday, got 4th, ended up 3rd after a dq. Today was a standing start and I TOTALLY blew it. I went from 3rd to last in about 2 seconds and then got hit by a CMC car in turn one. Yes, I was that far back. :-[ I fought my way back up to 6th so hopefully I'll be starting in 4th or 5th for the championship race tomorrow. I'm running a huge restrictor and only have 349 hp and 335 torque and I'm 100 lbs over weight.

Oh well, having a blast.

I would upload some video but my internet sucks right now.

Well, I ended up 3rd in the championship race. I gave up the inside in turn 1 on the second lap and it probably cost me second place. I think I was faster but I just couldn't get back around Fisher. It was a blast! ;D

Here is the uncut video, a bit long but it gets better after a few laps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWS71lQBaNM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiUhg[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
Well, I ended up 3rd in the championship race. I gave up the inside in turn 1 on the second lap and it probably cost me second place. I think I was faster but I just couldn't get back around Fisher. It was a blast! ;D

Here is the uncut video, a bit long but it gets better after a few laps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWS71lQBaNM[/youtube]

Fixed that link--will have to watch this over lunch!!

TMO Supporting Vendors