The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Numbering Scheme

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
Anyone have an idea how or if they will differentiate the car numbering scheme between the 2012 and 2013 models? I would hate to think there would be two LS541 running around. Just the random thought for the day. ;D

Sure the 2012 will state 2012 LS541 and the 2013 will state 2013 LS541. ;) It will also have a different VIN. :D Good question actually but don't look for there being much of a difference. Maybe the foilcal will be a different color.

I'm sure there will no room for confusing the build #'s as the model year will be different, the body style has changed somewhat & different colors are available, so your LS has no chance of being the same as a 2013 LS with the same build #. My '12 Boss #1886 has no chance either of being confused with a '13 with the same build # since Comp Orange isn't even offered for 2013.

I agree. No chance of confusing the two years. I have a CO Boss and like the fact that CO is only for 2012 and that Ford only put it on the Boss, unlike the other available colors.

98RedGT

2012 #552
BOSS2058 said:
I agree. No chance of confusing the two years. I have a CO Boss and like the fact that CO is only for 2012 and that Ford only put it on the Boss, unlike the other available colors.

fair enough, but there is no confusing a 2012 Boss with other Mustangs.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
I definitely agree there is no confusing the two model years. It is probably better stated it would be nice that LS541 would uniquely describe one car versus having to distinguish between 2012 LS & 2013 LS. :D

TMO Supporting Vendors