The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Order Tracking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the support Jmbboss302, we sure do appreciate your insights and wont ask how you know....do you know another way we could track our own cars without harassing you?

Another tricky question: Does anyone have any connections that could enable a soon to be Boss owner follow his car on the assembly line while bringing along a magazine editor / author?

Thanks All!

BBaker said:
Thanks for the support Jmbboss302, we sure do appreciate your insights and wont ask how you know....do you know another way we could track our own cars without harassing you?

Another tricky question: Does anyone have any connections that could enable a soon to be Boss owner follow his car on the assembly line while bringing along a magazine editor / author?

Thanks All!

I would not expect a "tricky" answer other than:
This ain't no Corvette ZL1 (or whatever the model is called) where one can build one's own engine. ;D

BBaker said:

Thanks All!

I don't have a problem tracking anyones new Boss for them. As a Ford employee, I can track any Ford vehicle, but I'll only track Boss 302's for the people on this site. There is a guy on the Blue Oval News forum page that will track all Ford products.

Hi everyone and thank you for a great forum with great pertinent information and insights. Jmbboss302, could you please advise on the status of my 302. It's a 2013 Grabber Blue with all options added:

Order date: Jan. 3, 2012
Order number: R111
Dealer code: F-24214 (Don Reid Ford, Maitland, FL.)

Also, out of curiosity, what is the production time from beginning to end to assemble/test and ship a Boss? Thank you for your support!

privera302 said:
Hi everyone and thank you for a great forum with great pertinent information and insights. Jmbboss302, could you please advise on the status of my 302. It's a 2013 Grabber Blue with all options added:

Also, out of curiosity, what is the production time from beginning to end to assemble/test and ship a Boss? Thank you for your support!
Order Number: R111, Dealer Code: F24214.
In Order Processing, Unscheduled-Material Hold.

I really don't know how long it takes to assemble the car (2 to 3 days, they only have 1 shift working at AAI right now). Shipping is what takes the longest. Your car will sit in the parking lot for a while to get loaded on a rail car (at least a week). Then it may take a week to get to Orlando where it will get loaded on a truck to be delivered to your dealer.

Tks Jmbboss302. I'm looking forward to deliver whenever that ocurrs in the near future. My son in law owns a 2012 GT Premium, which I have driven, and which really got me turned on to buying a Boss. My last Mustang was a '69 Mach 1 (Windsor engine) back in the early 70's. BTW, this forum is becoming pretty addictive :) Thanks!

98RedGT

2012 #552
Addictive is a good way to put it. Maybe we need to start a support group.

Hi, my name is and I own a Boss 302 :)

Dealer informed me that my order status went to "Locked-?" . Some people on here have VINs and "Sub Plant" orders now so my question is does anyone know what "Locked-?" means. My dealer also doesn't know what allocation he may have if at all.

Ucode13SBY said:
Dealer informed me that my order status went to "Locked-?" . Some people on here have VINs and "Sub Plant" orders now so my question is does anyone know what "Locked-?" means. My dealer also doesn't know what allocation he may have if at all.
If the dealer can't confirm the allocation through their zone rep you better start looking elsewhere.

Ucode13SBY said:

Your order is still "In order processing, Unscheduled-material hold", as of Jan-182012, 11:18 est. I don't know what "locked" is. The reason you don't have a VIN is because the car doesn't have a scheduled build date yet. Once it gets a VIN, then the order cannot be changed. I know of one 2012 Boss that was ordered Yellow Blaze without car cover that was changed to Competition Orange with car cover before it recieved it's VIN. I have never seen an order status in "locked".

Also, if your dealer doesn't have an allocation for the car, then they wouldn't be able to place an order. Since I can see the order, but no build date yet, what you need to do is ask them what the "allocation week" is for this car. They do know it.

I went through this back in 05 when i was going to order. I had money down for 6 months and didn't get a vin, all i got was excuses. I went to the internet to look. I found that it all had to do with Allotment and me being in Central IL didn't have a chance so I looked in Florida and called Yeomans in Daytona beach. I put money down, and had a serial number that next morning. Car was build and shipped in 28 days total. I hoped on a $79 one way, Dealer picked me up and i signed a few papers and was out the door in 20 minutes. Stayed down there for a week and made a nice lil vacation out of it. ALWAYS leave your options open. if you get excuses, call other places.
congrats and best of luck to all ordering. I know it is a stressful stretch till you have the keys in your hands

jmbboss302 said:
privera302 said:

I really don't know how long it takes to assemble the car (2 to 3 days, they only have 1 shift working at AAI right now). Shipping is what takes the longest. Your car will sit in the parking lot for a while to get loaded on a rail car (at least a week). Then it may take a week to get to Orlando where it will get loaded on a truck to be delivered to your dealer.

Good evening. Jmbboss302, would you mind checking on the status of my order once more. I've been checking with the dealership and keep getting the same answer, that it would be built some time mid March. My understanding is that Ford built approx 200 Boss' in the last week and a half that have not been shipped yet. Anyway, thanks once more, much appreciated!

privera302 said:
jmbboss302 said:
privera302 said:

Good evening. Jmbboss302, would you mind checking on the status of my order once more. I've been checking with the dealership and keep getting the same answer, that it would be built some time mid March. My understanding is that Ford built approx 200 Boss' in the last week and a half that have not been shipped yet. Anyway, thanks once more, much appreciated!

As of the March 6th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

Jeff said:
might as set myself up for disappointment. Thanks for these JMB!!

dealer = F11215
order = 0706

As of the March 6th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled - Material Hold".

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel