The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Price List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I looked at the 2013 Price List today, and noticed the base price of the 2013 Boss 302's went up $1890 on the suggested retail price, now at $42,200. All other options are the same prices as the 2012's.

The vented hood must cost more to produce.

That is about what I expected, look at how much the GTR went up each year ::)

Still a bargain for what it is. I would buy a 13 to go with the 12 if I had stupid money. Also hopefully the dealers will realize it has been out a year already and not try to get 20k markup like they were when the 12 came out.

CaliMR said:

The hood doesn't cost any more to make than the current hood does. But, new dies were required to stamp the new hoods, so I'm sure that played a part in the price increase.

BLAZN BOSS

jmbboss302 said:
CaliMR said:

The hood doesn't cost any more to make than the current hood does. But, new dies were required to stamp the new hoods, so I'm sure that played a part in the price increase.
How do you know this?

[/quote]
How do you know this?
[/quote]

I work at the Ford stamping plant that makes the hoods for the Mustang. New dies are used to stamp the new hood, and dies aren't cheap! For the next couple of weeks, we are stamping both the 2012 and 2013 hoods until 2013 MY Job 1. Once AAI starts making only 2013's, then we stop making the 2012 hoods.

BLAZN BOSS

jmbboss302 said:

How do you know this?
[/quote]

I work at the Ford stamping plant that makes the hoods for the Mustang. New dies are used to stamp the new hood, and dies aren't cheap! For the next couple of weeks, we are stamping both the 2012 and 2013 hoods until 2013 MY Job 1. Once AAI starts making only 2013's, then we stop making the 2012 hoods.
[/quote]

Cost includes any new engineering, data configuration management ......and any steps and processes need to actulaly have someone stamp out the hood. Since the 2012 outter sheetmetal is basically one step, the addition of someone building, painting the vents on the 2013 and have to assemble,makes a 2013 hood cost more than a 2012.....when two enginerred parts are "identical"......then they cost the same. any difference is extra cost to a company. You would be surprised what it costs a company just to create a new part number for an item.

Well, you may be right about the cost of a new part number for the hood. But remember, there are two hoods for the 2013 Mustang, one with vents, and one without. Therefore, two new part numbers. Also, Ford has be slowly raising the prices on all vehicles for the last couple of years.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel