The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Race Red a "Rare Color"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
PTRocks said:
This far Race Red makes up 234 of about 1100 cars.

So what is the split of that 1100 between regular and LS Boss models? If LS production is spread evenly across all 4 quarters, then that would be ~ 812 reg / 187 per qtr. Does this hold true for the '13 model year, or is production so far for Bosses been sporadic?

If you were to take a silly wild assed guess on what would be the Boss serial number range be around the start of Q3 production in July? Going by the even split per quarter, Q3 would start around 1624? However this years production schedule seems to be lagging behind a bit, as some Q2 owners who have just received their cars are only numbered in the 4-500 range. Don't know if this was due to the production hold due to the striping issue or not, but I'm just trying to pick your brain to see where we stand as far as Boss production numbers per week/month. Are they consistent, or vary due to assembly line priorities and scheduling?

I did see the article that mentioned Ford was expanding production for um, 10-14 plants by adding an extra week? However Flat Rock wasn't mentioned IIRC, so I guess we'll see how overall Mustang production goes this year. We also have the GT500 rolling down the lines too, but whether or not this impacts Boss production at all remains to be seen.

That's 1100 regular Bosses, there are coincidentally also 187 LSes IN ADDITION to the 1100. No guesses, any time I try to Ford changes the production schedule.

ace72ace said:
So what is the split of that 1100 between regular and LS Boss models? If LS production is spread evenly across all 4 quarters, then that would be ~ 812 reg / 187 per qtr. Does this hold true for the '13 model year, or is production so far for Bosses been sporadic?

If you were to take a silly wild assed guess on what would be the Boss serial number range be around the start of Q3 production in July? Going by the even split per quarter, Q3 would start around 1624? However this years production schedule seems to be lagging behind a bit, as some Q2 owners who have just received their cars are only numbered in the 4-500 range. Don't know if this was due to the production hold due to the striping issue or not, but I'm just trying to pick your brain to see where we stand as far as Boss production numbers per week/month. Are they consistent, or vary due to assembly line priorities and scheduling?

I did see the article that mentioned Ford was expanding production for um, 10-14 plants by adding an extra week? However Flat Rock wasn't mentioned IIRC, so I guess we'll see how overall Mustang production goes this year. We also have the GT500 rolling down the lines too, but whether or not this impacts Boss production at all remains to be seen.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
PTRocks said:
That's 1100 regular Bosses, there are coincidentally also 187 LSes IN ADDITION to the 1100. No guesses, any time I try to Ford changes the production schedule.

Ok then, I'm putting in dibs on Boss #1721 ;D

Picked up my car yesterday after waiting 6 months since I ordered it back in December! Here are the dealer pics they put out on the web, sorry guys, it never was for sale LOL. These pics pretty accurately depict the true color, it is a very vibrant red and the drive home gave a few folks whiplash from the head turns enjoy!!!
http://www.lhmford.com/new/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-7c8cc8990a0d048e01294813ef32ace6.htm

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
dscowan said:
Picked up my car yesterday after waiting 6 months since I ordered it back in December! Here are the dealer pics they put out on the web, sorry guys, it never was for sale LOL. These pics pretty accurately depict the true color, it is a very vibrant red and the drive home gave a few folks whiplash from the head turns enjoy!!!
http://www.lhmford.com/new/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-7c8cc8990a0d048e01294813ef32ace6.htm
Wrong! This car indoors as it is depicted in this photo does not show how vibrant RR really is! When you take that beast out in the sunlight you will see what I mean when I tell you it is like a light switch that comes on once the sunlight sees the paint on that color. You got one helluva car! Congrats on your new vehicle, now go out there and have some fun and please tell us more about your beast.

Regards,

MMD

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel