The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Race Red a "Rare Color"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2013 Race Red on order (if it ever gets here, Dealer know NOTHING about Vin, etc, just that it was ordered on April 2nd). Anyways....

I have noticed that so far it seems like all the 2013 BOSS 302's are either GB, GHIG, PW or SBY. I have only heard of or seen 3 Race Reds being sold so far...

Is RR going to be a Rare Color since it seems everyone is pinning for GHIG, PW, SBY and GB?

I suppose its possible that the end runs of production could be mostly Race Red Cars, but so far it seems like most are other colors at this point.

Thoughts?

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Small world... I ordered my Race Red on the same day. My guess is that RR will be 'middle of the pack' color wise, with SBY 1st, GB 2nd, RR 3rd, GHIG 4th, PW 5th. Just look at the color distribution on cars.com. Of course SBY gets a bump because it's also an LS color. I hope to go take some pix of a RR Boss at a dealer a few towns over from where I ordered mine.

I bet you get yours before I get mine... Logic says 6-8Weeks, which would put us at the latest around Mid-June, but I don't get the feeling that it will be that soon for some reason.

My Dealer swears he doesn't know when his allocation is (2 this year), one that is GB and mine, and the GB was ordered in Feb and still has not been seen yet. So if I find a RR with Recaro's close to me I will jump on it... But so far nothing.

in 2012 CO was the main color, and I think for 2013 GB and SBY are the main ones... followed by PW and GHIG and Red bring up the rear (like a Caboose).. LOL

I have been tempted to go look at a SBY, but I just can't get my head around that color for some reason, it looks great, but I couldn't see myself driving it, same with GHIG.

ace72ace

Where are you located? I'm about to go look at one within the next week or so at this dealer in NH.

Race Red comes in 3rd... If you want to find out where some are going take a look at the thread 2013 running count in the registry topic. It's by nomeans a complete list, but does give you a good idea whats out there and where.. all the bosses listed are ones that are ordered for dealer stock found on Ford.com or reported purchased on this and other sites including Ebay.

Ordered mine back in December and will pick it up this weekend, Race Red, really wanted silver but not offered. I agree though seems like everything but red this year! I'll post pictures in the next week

ace72ace

Picked up this week for production next week? Sounds like the end of June you should be in business!

We RR owners should start our own Pix thread once they arrive. Some of the other guys seem to take delivery of their Boss Mustangs and then forget how to operate a camera and computer. Some sort of affliction that requires a lot of spirited driving, power shifting, and primal screaming. Or something... =D

ace72ace, "we should start our own pix thread"... That is exactly what I was suggesting a month ago. A picture thread for Red cars, thread for SBY, CO, etc, etc. I figured since the group of new Boss owners was generally younger overall you guys would be more gadget savy and prone to picture posting than us old guys on the other Boss forum but so far not the case... I am 58 and figured out how to do it by trial and error but I finally got it. Come on guys post some pics for your Bossless friends to lust over. ;D

This is as close as I can come to a new Boss right now.
miscgunsshelby003.jpg

ace72ace

Well the first Race Red owner to take delivery will be required to take it home and wax it up and down and then provide pix.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
dscowan said:
Here is my new 2013 race red at the dealer. Heading home to the stable friday!
Geez. - that is one beautiful looking Boss. I just wish Ford had a RR LS. This color's my perosnal favorite. It's wasn't that way until I actually saw one. Congrats with your new addition. Wish you many years of trouble free enjoyment!

MMD

Dvendet

Someone - pretty please with molasses on top post a 2013 high def RR Boss pic or 2. There are so few good pics available on the Internet with this setup. And please get the whole car in frame and a few different views. Is ths asking too much?

Thanks,

MMD

Dvendet

RedRacer said:
This thing was ordered on March 5th, why would it take to the end of June? ???
Good question Red. I ordered my LS March 14. My ETA is May 29. Are you getting the straight scoop from your dealer? Had you checked in with our own Mark (jmbboss)?

MMD

TMO Supporting Vendors