The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 specs to dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYBOSSLS said:
Spotter mirror, just noticed that my LS built on 5-21, #231 is the flat mirror! I have seen other Boss cars with the spotter? Makes me wonder, take a look at your Boss.

Thanks,

My car was built on 5/19, and has the spotter mirrors.

blazer1 said:
Careful what you guy's wish for. Ford's had a host of problems w/ sync. I for one love the simplicity of the 2012. The only option I would of added is HID's. Plus, if you plan on keeping these cars long term, what would sync look like in 10, 15, or 20 years. A dinosaur installed in the middle of your dash. Who knows, maybe they'll get the issues worked out by then.

Ford has had lots of problems with MyFord Touch, the regular Sync has been much more reliable.

GA
MustangX3 said:
Thanks Ford......

It's just the way it goes. They have to change things to keep selling cars, and it is usually something you wish you had right after buying a new one the year prior. At least it sounds like Ford is listening to the market.

I just traded in my Bullitt for a Yellow Blaze 2012 Premium GT with 401A package, Brembo package and 3.73 axle. I am having the Ford Racing power pack installed, and also plan to get the Ford Racing adjustable suspension pack, the CS valences, Boss splitter, and Boss brake cooling ducts. It isn't a Boss, but it's close enough that at X-plan and 0% financing I can live with it (and was another reason why I didn't wait for the 2013's).

GA
blazer1 said:
Careful what you guy's wish for. Ford's had a host of problems w/ sync. I for one love the simplicity of the 2012. The only option I would of added is HID's. Plus, if you plan on keeping these cars long term, what would sync look like in 10, 15, or 20 years. A dinosaur installed in the middle of your dash. Who knows, maybe they'll get the issues worked out by then.

In 20 years or more the entire car may look like a dinosaur...

blazer1 said:

I had the Sync system in both of my 2010 Mustang GT Premiums as well as my 2009 Ford Flex.... I had no issues with any of them. One had the NAV and the other (2) didn't

KYBOSSLS said:
jimprw said:
Looks like a difference from the 2012 here:

Unique side mirrors without integrated spotter mirror

I really like my spotter mirror - but I would also have liked Sync too.

Wonder how much the price will increase?
Spotter mirror, just noticed that my LS built on 5-21, #231 is the flat mirror! I have seen other Boss cars with the spotter? Makes me wonder, take a look at your Boss.

Thanks,

Street Boss spotter mirror
LS flat mirror

I've looked a lot of photos and that is the norm.

98RedGT

2012 #552
PJWANNABE said:
98RedGT said:
Dinosaur, no.

Classic, yes.

Yes, it will be considered a classic, but I meant dinosaur in terms of technology and design. Do you want drum brakes on your car? ;)

Agree, with the speed technology is changing it doesn't take very long for things to become technology dinosaurs

The only things I miss are the dead pedal ,HID lights and driving lamps .I inquired about HIDS from my dealer.Hopefully they are available.I would also like to add a dead pedal.
My theory is ,be happy with what you have ,not with what you don’t.
My 02

roketman said:
The only things I miss are the dead pedal ,HID lights and driving lamps .I inquired about HIDS from my dealer.Hopefully they are available.I would also like to add a dead pedal.
My theory is ,be happy with what you have ,not with what you don’t.
My 02
Here you go and its on sale through tomorrow.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/STAINLESS-STEEL-DEAD-PEDAL-W--BLACK-INSERTS-GT---V6-2005-2009/p/PCS23/

Mustang Boss 302 is doing great when it comes to a high specs of car interiors.And I guarantee you for that.But I heard that Ford will release major updates to the MyFord Touch infotainment screen. Sources claim that complaints that the old system was too slow and cluttered prompted the update. Current owners of a MyFord Touch-equipped Ford vehicle will be able to update totally free. Resource for this article: MyFord Touch upgrades to appear in 2013 models.Kinda interesting huh..

TMO Supporting Vendors