The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 stripe alignment issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Anyone else have alignment issues with the stripes on the nose of the car? I have had my car for a year now and can't belive that I am just now noticing them but it is bugging me now. Has anyone taken this back to the dealer for warranty coverage?

Thanks!!!

yup dealer replaced most of my hood stripes due to one starting to peel. no questions asked.

yup, same here 13 RR, been back to the dealer twice, peeling issues. front fender and hood peeling.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Didn't notice until I took this photo.

bosses3.jpg

I would think that would make your car very rare and, consequently, very valuable. Unless of course everyone else's (except mine) are misaligned and then my car would be the rare and valuable one. :)

It's strange that it appears aligned on the left but not on the right.

Oh, and you did get me to check mine and they're fine.

I don't have any misalignment like that. Since it is only misaligned on one side, it tells me that the problem is the driver's side hood L-stripe (20000B L/H) since the front fascia stripes come together and the hood stripes are in 3 sections (L/H, R/H, center stripe). I wonder if there were pre-delivery repairs or, for that matter, whether they are applied by hand or machine at the factory.

jneary mine is the exact same way that yours is ! , the problem is they had a problem with mine and many other's at the factory , they were held back for bubbling in the stripes , I believe mine has had another , the first thing I checked was hood alignment left to right to see if I could move it to correct it , my hoods perfect so I left it alone , I'm afraid to take to the garage and have it come back worse , oh and there's the 16 years old kid (eating a candy bar,my poor steering wheel) that will end up pulling my car out of the garage way to fast , that will probably broadside a row of superdutys !

looks like the bumper piece needs to be replaced. at least it's the smallest cheapest piece.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Well, thanks for the feedback!!! Since mine is #0010, it would stand to reason that it was reworked for bubbles. It appears that the hood might have been reworked but the whole thing is out of alignment, just doesn't show as bad on the left.

Has anyone replaced the front stripe on their own? How much is that part?

Thanks!!!

A little off topic, would Ford replace my hood stripe (peeling on the front) eventhough I technically voided my warranty? Do my mods void warranty to areas that have nothing to do with my mods?

USNjocson said:
A little off topic, would Ford replace my hood stripe (peeling on the front) eventhough I technically voided my warranty? Do my mods void warranty to areas that have nothing to do with my mods?

It is my understanding that your mod would have to be shown to be the cause of the problem in order for it not to be covered. So the answer to your question is 'no.'

Well mine too is going to ford for lifting stripes on front of hood and both BOSS 302 on fenders.I wonder if they will let me take the stripes home & have them replaced once I can't stand the stripes on my car.I just want to get them while I can under warranty.I just don't want to have them replaced over & over.Any thought's ?

I almost wish I never would have read this as my center hood stripe was just in getting replaced yesterday, which just so happens to be when I read this thread. Upon receiving my car back today, I noticed the misalignment. Told the shop manager I had read about this, he came out and agreed it's a warranty issue. Back in it goes...

TMO Supporting Vendors