The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Stripe Color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey, does anyone know if there are actually 2 stripe colors for the 2013's? Page 18 of the order guide seems to indicate that there is a "Reflective Low Gloss Black" (854) and a "Reflective Low Gloss Sterling Grey" (855). Going by the chart on the page, it looks like the stripe color is dependent upon the color of the car, with School Bus Yellow getting the Grey and all the other colors getting Black.

Any of you know if this is fact? My dealer seems to indicate the same. Also would like to verify that both stripe packages are in fact reflective.

Thanks,

John

John,
The Boss LS will have the Sterling Grey stripes & the standard Boss will have the black stripes. Is not a color option.

I was told they made our 2012 Bosses just like they did in 1969 NON REFLECTIVE, And new 2013 Bosses will get the black L-Stripe with REFLECTIVE BLACK stripe just like the did in 1970. EXcept LS like other post below stated.

LING952 said:
I was told they made our 2012 Bosses just like they did in 1969 NON REFLECTIVE, And new 2013 Bosses will get the black L-Stripe with REFLECTIVE BLACK stripe just like the did in 1970. EXcept LS like other post below stated.

Both 69 and 70 had the Reflective side Stripes originally. I believe it was dropped on the 71 Boss 351's. I'd love to change out my 12 stripes for the reflective versions.

Sorry, I was mistaken see page 37 in the Farr Book, 1969 stripes were REFLECTIVE , wish ours were.
My 70 Boss had them, and they are super cool at night.
If mine ever get damaged I am going to order some reflective3 ones from BOB WHITE DECALS, he has them both ways..

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
That is correct, My 1969 was Acupulco Blue with the reflective stripes and yes there are kits out there to put on your 2012 but I'm not sure of the exact fit.

TMO Supporting Vendors