The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2014 GT500 Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just installed a set of 2014 GT500 wheels on my 2013 Boss, that had 16 miles on them. They look great on my totally stock Boss. The GoodYear F1 Super Car tires really seem to grab hard. No issues with the TPMS sensors. Do I need to worry about the different sized rear tires P285/35 R20(the fronts are the same size)??? Do I need to get my Ford Dealer to change anything on the track key tune??? I will post some pictures later (yesterday was awful and my garage is to small to take a good picture) if anyone wants to see how sinister it looks.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
I think you'll have a minimal error in your speedometer reading. You could always double check that with a gps...or gps app. for a smart phone.

Wayne

pics please

are they the regular wheels or the svtpp wheels

as far as your ? , there are programs that will tell you what the difference in speedometer readings would be

I always wondered with the trackey installed if changing to a different wheel/tire size would affect anything because they ask when loading in trackey what size rear tire is on the car

Here are a few pictures. I real like the orignal wheels, but I don't want to damage them, so they are being kept safely stored for showing my car with orignal wheels. These are for driving and not worrying about what happens.
Hopefully the pictures are attached. I'm new to adding pictures.

040.jpg

036.jpg

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Tlavalle said:
Just installed a set of 2014 GT500 wheels on my 2013 Boss, that had 16 miles on them. They look great on my totally stock Boss. The GoodYear F1 Super Car tires really seem to grab hard. No issues with the TPMS sensors. Do I need to worry about the different sized rear tires P285/35 R20(the fronts are the same size)??? Do I need to get my Ford Dealer to change anything on the track key tune??? I will post some pictures later (yesterday was awful and my garage is to small to take a good picture) if anyone wants to see how sinister it looks.
Recently installed the same wheels and tires. If you want your speedo to be as accurate as possible you will need to visit the dealer and have the track key reprogrammed for the larger diameter rears, the revolutions per mile stock are 776 and with the larger diameter rears It worked out to be 749. Find an experienced "Track Key" Tech that has the Ford Racing departments phone number on speed dial because of the usual software issues. Local dealer charged me an hour labor for this.

BOSSAZ said:
Recently installed the same wheels and tires. If you want your speedo to be as accurate as possible you will need to visit the dealer and have the track key reprogrammed for the larger diameter rears, the revolutions per mile stock are 749 and with the larger diameter rears It worked out to be 776. Find an experienced "Track Key" Tech that has the Ford Racing departments phone number on speed dial because of the usual software issues. Local dealer charged me an hour labor for this.
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't the revs per mile be the other way around. Fewer revs with the larger tire.

Jason said:
I have a Canadian BOSS, and want to know where you got the info about our cars having the LS sway bars? Also what is the difference in rates?
Another Boss owner I met in the Toronto area bought a set of LS sway bars to put on his car (he is turning his 2013 SBY boss into a LS car) and when he went to get them installed he was told by the dealer that his car had the LS sized sway bars on the car (I believe is it 26mm, Standard boss is 25mm). My car measured the same.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Tlavalle said:
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't the revs per mile be the other way around. Fewer revs with the larger tire.
Yes it should be reversed...it was late when I sent it. Corrected now.

Tlavalle said:
Another Boss owner I met in the Toronto area bought a set of LS sway bars to put on his car (he is turning his 2013 SBY boss into a LS car) and when he went to get them installed he was told by the dealer that his car had the LS sized sway bars on the car (I believe is it 26mm, Standard boss is 25mm). My car measured the same.
Cool Thanks. Ill have to measure mine.

TMO Supporting Vendors