The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2014 Super Cobra Jet owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys. New to this site. I was invited over from another forum by one of your members to share our new toy.
Delivered late January 2014. I will post lots of pics as soon as I learn this forum or if someone would help me.
Look forward to talking with you about it.
Dennis

Dennis, welcome to BMO. That was me that invited you. Check the thread below for tips on posting photos and videos. It's basically the same as other forums but we don't have server space for photos so you must use a photo hosting site.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

how about a short video.
http://s898.photobucket.com/user/redsoxfan2/media/IMG_01831.mp4.html
This was the first video taken straight off the transport truck !!!
Enjoy.

That sounds awesome. I'm guessing if you buy a car like this you're going to race it. What series and class will you be running?

I'm not sure where you're located but we have a BMO tour of the Watson Racing facility setup for two weeks from today. You can go visit the birth place of your SCJ. 8)

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6004.0

If you get any youtube videos just paste the link directly in the post and it will show.

We will race for fun mostly. We have other race cars but this is the mac daddy. This car is really amazing and tons of fun. We had sooo many people taking pics and talking about it at the track that day !!

I think it would be cool if you dyno'd it. Everyone that has them seem to be running them for the money and doesn't want to put the hp numbers out there, but your running for the thrill of it. What do you think?

Fomoco302 said:
Congrats, badass machine! What's it run in the quarter ?
We have only three passes on her and it was with the weakest tune.
1st pass 9.85 @ 135
2nd pass 10.50 @ 136
3rd pass 9.32 @ 145
There are 2 other tunes and Ford claims you can go up to a second faster on the most aggressive tune. We are looking forward to trying different things. Also all the runs were without the 2 step.

racered302 said:
I think it would be cool if you dyno'd it. Everyone that has them seem to be running them for the money and doesn't want to put the hp numbers out there, but your running for the thrill of it. What do you think?
I would think around 700 HP but no way to know for sure. We definitely will not dyno as we have had bad experiences with our other race cars.
0-60 is about 1.7 seconds so it has plenty of power. Also the car weighs 3170 so its not super light.

redsoxfan2009 said:
I would think around 700 HP but no way to know for sure. We definitely will not dyno as we have had bad experiences with our other race cars.
0-60 is about 1.7 seconds so it has plenty of power. Also the car weighs 3170 so its not super light.
I can respect that. Have fun blowing away the competition.

TMO Supporting Vendors