The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2014 Superfest Blog/Picture thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Guys and Gals
I would like to start a picture/video/story log from the Superfest this weekend. I had a great time as usual and actually made it home last night with everything intact.
We had a huge contingent of of BMO members including Pufferfish, Pete in CT, steveespo, 2012-Boss, wwilde, and others like Greg, Dan and Guy who I can't remember their handles and even a few folks that I can't recall their names (Sorry guys my memory is shot)
There were good natured but intense lapping battles all three days between myself, Pete, Steve K and Bill Wilde (who sandbagged in the lower inter group, but was the quickest of us all) which really made the weekend fun. Steve K was super quick on Michelin Super Sports and Pete was Quick on both old and new Nittos. Bill was just flat fast in his Capaldi prepared/quasi 2013 302S/LS and made me 4 seconds faster on Sunday!!!!!

There was of course the now customary last minute repairs sessions, Steve K had 2 tire valve failures, one he was able to fix, but Sunday there were no shops open so Puffer came to the rescue, loaning him a set of Toyos so he didn't lose the day. Pete always has a drama, we did a tire change and pad replacement Saturday but did not change the obviously 2012 vintage rotors he had up front so on Sunday 10 minutes before the drivers meeting we broke it down and changed out the rotors. Dan had a P0300 as did Steve K, Dan's cleared but Steve ended up with a succession of misfire codes and a trip to the Crank sensor TSB department is in order.

Anyway as everyone pointed out I am long winded so here are a few pics to get us started, please chime in with stories, pics videos and post lap times here and in cosm3os' Lap time thread.
Steve

VIR2014Smallcamera126_zps5d122855.jpg
VIR2014Smallcamera114_zps76c36a0c.jpg
VIR2014Smallcamera102_zpsc94f586e.jpg
VIR2014Smallcamera091_zps1c9d76ea.jpg
VIR2014Smallcamera084_zps2e1705bf.jpg
VIR2014Smallcamera075_zps4841f1fb.jpg

Great photos and I'm glad everyone had a good time. I recognize Steve and Pete but can someone put names to the other faces?

We'll be doing the West Coast BMO version on June 8th at Thunderhill.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Steve Puffpaff is on the top step of the podium, he was really quick, I illegally timed him at a 2:09.78 on 1 of his laps, Steve Kersch is to his right, wwilde, "the Wild Man" is far right in the photo, Greg Procaccini is on Pete's right, Dan Kemp is on Pete's left. Tony Sorrentino the event organizer is on my left, the gentleman in the glasses next to Tony, I don't recall his name.
Steve

Steve, I think we all had a great time. The last casualty not listed was Steve Puffpaff's wheel stud. The front right wheel lug nut froze half way off the stud and the stud started spinning in the hub, not allowing him to take off his monstrous 305 Continental Racing slick for the trip home. We finally got him going with 4 good studs and lug nuts at around 5:30. I'll let him chime and for the details.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel