The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Seat Fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I've been adding a harness 5th belt hole to my stock seats. (I know I know, many don't agree with that :p )

I did the pass seat a month ago, no issue.

Did the drivers seat yesterday.

Found a major Ford fail. :mad:

Now that I modded the seat I know I can't get them to fix it. :-\

See the white pad thing in this pic.

DSC01549_zpssa1by5bv.jpg

That's the cooling membrane. A fluid runs through it for the seat cooling.

The drivers seat does not have one. :mad:

In this pic in the upper left you can see a tube running behind a black part, I think that is the pump...also missing on the drivers side. :(

DSC01545_zps060sqcal.jpg

I thought maybe the drivers side was cooled differently (which didn't make sense) or perhaps it was cooled by pulling air from an underseat duct, but there isn't one. :(

I believe Ford forgot the whole system in the drivers seat.

The button on the dash still works and blows air from under the seat and you can feel it and it makes a little difference, but it definitely isn't cold like it should be or like the pass seat is.

Still have to look up if Ford shows those parts on the drivers seat.

I looked for an empty connection plug and didn't notice one. May have been tucked behind something I didn't take apart.

No idea how much parts would be to add, Ford parts catalog is near impossible to find these parts in the seat section.

Having modded the seat still unsure of where to go with this. Would love Ford to at least know, but not sure who to tell that would even care? :(

I've asked a bit on other another forum and seems that most have both seats that will freeze you out when on high. :(

Passenger side seats have a gel sensor weight pad, so that the passenger side air bags will be deployed or disabled as necessary. It senses passenger weight, then enables the air bag. Driver's side doesn't need this, because there is always a driver.

Haven't dealt with cooled seats, so I have no idea about how they are cooled. But the driver side will be missing the gel pad for air bags.

Makes me appreciate the Boss with relatively few creature comforts/things to worry about.

I think Ford should produce a new version of the GT with the GT350 suspension but the 5.0 Coyote, and *zero* extraneous stuff. No sound deadening, no stereo, no back seat, no A/C, etc. etc. etc. Similar to the formula GM is using for the 2017 Grand Sport Corvette but even more extreme.

So if this isn't the cooling pad what cools the seat?

The seat isn't getting cooled like the passenger side that has that pad?

Berol said:
Passenger side seats have a gel sensor weight pad, so that the passenger side air bags will be deployed or disabled as necessary. It senses passenger weight, then enables the air bag. Driver's side doesn't need this, because there is always a driver.

Haven't dealt with cooled seats, so I have no idea about how they are cooled. But the driver side will be missing the gel pad for air bags.

Also, do you know this from seeing a part or parts layout? I can't find any seat part schematics that show specific parts for a 2015. :(

SCGT500 said:
Also, do you know this from seeing a part or parts layout? I can't find any seat part schematics that show specific parts for a 2015. :(
Like this?

RenderIllustration.ashx

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2015&m=Ford&mo=Mustang&initSearch=1&keyword=Seat#Search

All I see in your link is seat belt parts? :(

I've looked through Ford parts and can't find specifics.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Berol said:

^This is correct. (Except that it senses adult passenger weight and child or child seat weight differently too.)

SCGT500 said:

I don't know, but the round screen with the mercedes-like tri-point looks like it could be a muffin fan to force under seat air up.

Just a guess, as I've never taken apart a car with air cooled seats. Hard to reverse engineer from one pic. But I can't think of what else that might be that could use a screen like that.

Okay brain fart thinking the pad was the issue. Now to figure out why the drivers seat doesn't cool like the passenger seat. I believe we can feel the fan movement. Have to check better if I can tell it running at different speeds.

In our truck, both seats will freeze your butt on the high setting.

TMO Supporting Vendors