The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Ford Mustang Stage 2 up for auction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not sure if anyone saw or posted this 2015 Richard Petty mustang up for auction..
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/PA0715-216880/0/2015-Ford-Mustang-Stage-2/6-Speed/

Have to agree. One would think Hellcat/Challenger or Charger with the name Richard Petty. But what do car guys know.
However it is a Mustang and caught my attention due to that fact. I think there banking on the name of Petty to bring high numbers.

superhero said:
Have to agree. One would think Hellcat/Challenger or Charger with the name Richard Petty. But what do car guys know.
However it is a Mustang and caught my attention due to that fact. I think there banking on the name of Petty to bring high numbers.

It's a little odd for old-time NASCAR guys to see a Mustang, but Petty Motorsports runs Fords now so they really couldn't do a Dodge. They run a "Mustang" in the XFINITY series these days. I associate Richard Petty with MOPAR, too, but it's all about marketing for their sponsors today. Someone will pay big money for it.

Boss1815 said:
It's a little odd for old-time NASCAR guys to see a Mustang, but Petty Motorsports runs Fords now so they really couldn't do a Dodge. They run a "Mustang" in the XFINITY series these days. I associate Richard Petty with MOPAR, too, but it's all about marketing for their sponsors today. Someone will pay big money for it.

Don't forget Petty drove a Ford in 1969 as well. He won 10 races and was second in the championship.
There were a few races in Chevys, Dodges and a run in Pontiacs as well.

Watching him at Texas World Speedway in a 3 car break a way fight was amazing.
Petty, Buddy Baker & AJ Foyt put on a great race.
http://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/nascar/races/results/1972/texas-world-speedway/texas-500/1290

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel