The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 GT to have some "BOSS Parts"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/video-2015-mutang-gt-specs-overview-driving-footage/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fbpost12162013footage2015

I also read that the 2015 GT with the Track Package is expected to beat the Boss LS time around Laguna Seca.

Of course, they haven't decided what the "Track Package" will include yet. ::)

Forged Internals, upgraded transmission and IRS standard! A base GT will likely be quick but with some minor upgrades should end up being one hell of a fast track car! The more I hear the more I'm liking where this is headed.

KBBOSS1086 said:
Forged Internals, upgraded transmission and IRS standard! A base GT will likely be quick but with some minor upgrades should end up being one hell of a fast track car! The more I hear the more I'm liking where this is headed.
What do you think is upgraded on the transmission? It's the shifter. Ford needs to dump the MT82.

NFSBOSS said:
What do you think is upgraded on the transmission? It's the shifter. Ford needs to dump the MT82.

I mistyped...meant "updated" as reported in the article. Hopefully that means it's upgraded as well as updated. Personally, I have had no issues with MT-82 at the track or on the street. I know many will disagree and I'd definitely prefer a Tremec in the long run but I actually like the way the MT-82 shifts in my car.

The MT82 is just a crappy transmission hands down, along with the clunky drive line. Shifting should be smooth regardless of gear, and the car should be comfortable to drive but it isn't. Ford cheap'd out and I think all of us should realize we got ripped off. No reason for a "track car" (according to Ford) to have the same transmission that has been causing so many issues in cars from previous years. I feel worse for the LS guys.

Disclaimer: I am running stock clutch, one-piece Al Dynotech DS, MGW, and BG Synchro-Shift II. Saving my pennies for a Tremec.

TMO Supporting Vendors