The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Mustang GT PP Gets Smoked by a Camaro 1LE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh no says it's not so. I think a lot of the difference is the tires. Let's hope the GT350 fares much better against the Z/28 track monster.

So do you really think the 2015 GT PP is faster than a BOSS 302? If it is it's not by much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jUQZwmTKMqw

That mustang did not look at home on the track at all! The camaro, on the other hand, looked very composed and comfortable on the track.

I think Ford has under-damped the mustang again, most likely to market for the masses. Either way, at the end of the video, I was pricing out a 1LE! :p

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Either way, at the end of the video, I was pricing out a 1LE! :p

Not me. And I have a bow tie in the garage.

Drivers, tires, conditions etc all effect this equation.

Besides, the Boss is a lot of car for me. Spending more on something else also above the drivers abilities is not in the cards for me.

I need to work on driver mods for the next few years.

Who knows, the GT-350 may be the next top of the line pony car. ::)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
In my mind, the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302's is a hard act to follow and for me, I love the live rear axle setup on my Boss. Until the GT350 arrives on the scene, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Remember, during the 2010 thru 2012 SCCA race season, the Boss ruled the track and it took a Rule Book change to help the Boss 302 competition. We own Legendary Boss 302 Mustsngs!

Just my opinion,

Enjoy your Boss
Dave
2HP

No one has ever done a head to head with the Boss vs 1le. I've seen ILE vs Gt, boss vs Zl1, but never a 2012-13 Boss up against a 1 LE comparison. I do agree the 1 LE looks impressive.

KDR-1 said:
No one has ever done a head to head with the Boss vs 1le. I've seen ILE vs Gt, boss vs Zl1, but never a 2012-13 Boss up against a 1 LE comparison. I do agree the 1 LE looks impressive.

Car and driver did run both of them among other cars too in the annual lighting lap in VIR and the 1LE was marginally faster the Boss LS.
It is dampers, wide and sticky tires and better weight distribution.

The comparison I want to see is 2013 Boss vs. 2015 GT PP, just to prove the new car is no improvement over the Boss.

The 1LE is a nice piece of work. Too bad it is still a terrible bathtub to be sitting in/seeing out of....The current Z/28 is ridiculous, and the even the 2016 Camaro SS is going to kill both the 2015 1LE and the Boss. Can't imagine what the 2016-17 Z/28 will be, not to mention the Z06 Corvette. Just the fact that GM has been running the 2016 SS at Nurburgring already tells you they are serious.

Ford engineers need to step it up. The GT350 had better be good. Chrysler owns the strip with the Hellcat, and GM owns the road tracks with the Z/28. Ford? Where are you?

"2015 Camaro 1LE handily trounces the 2015 Mustang GT Track Pack"

2 seconds faster around Willow Springs.

http://youtu.be/rTJPDurLEKw

I drove the 2015 gt performance pack car last weekend. it was only 1/2hr drive but I walked away uninspired by it's performance. I did drive the boss to and from the dealership so I got a nice back-to-back comparison. the 2015 looks great in person, the interior is really nice...but they've really isolated the driver from the experience a lot more than in the boss. even if it were as fast, it wouldn't have seemed it.

GM also came to my company's office with a whole fleet of cars last week for ride-and-drives...drove a camaro ss, a few vettes, and the cts vsort. The camaro was a huge yawner and just felt huge and bulky with terrible visibility. The vettes were sweeeet...especially the convertible with performance exhaust...great sound... and the cts vsport is a heck of a nice car...that twinnie v6 pulls and the magnetic dampers are really so good (same as on the vettes I drove).

I'm also holding out hope for an outstanding gt350 but, in the interim, will be enjoying my boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel