The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 official pics leaked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorldFamousZ said:
BTW, anyone who is in So Cal this coming weekend, rumor has it that FORD will be having one of the new Stangs out at Cars and Coffee in Irvine this Saturday! Be there early, Mustangs get to park in the special front lot this time too!
Ok I'm flying down. Who's going to pick me up at John Wayne at 7:20? ;D

Here's an interesting article about the new Mustang.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-shouldnt-care-if-you-hate-2015-mustang

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
WorldFamousZ said:
I saw this earlier today on my news feed. Looks nice from the back, but the lines overall don't seem to mesh well.

The front is bulbous and the rear is high and stubby, sort of like a Camaro. The side lines,doors / skirts look kind of Audi A5 like. The rear quarter looks Nissan 370Z, and the front overall doesn't match the rear at all. The rear is classic, with a touch of modern sports car (ie lower valence), but the front end is trying to be something completely different.

It's almost like the designers couldn't decide if they wanted to depart from the retro styling or not. It's a real hodge-podge mix match of styles all in one.

I think the article also mentions independent rear suspension (YAY!) but that the car is only down 200lbs. That's probably all attributed to just losing the rear axle assembly. If that's REALLY the case, I'm bummed. I mean, if it's only that much less in weight, and the styling went out the window just to make it shorter, eh, I'm glad I didn't wait....

BTW, anyone who is in So Cal this coming weekend, rumor has it that FORD will be having one of the new Stangs out at Cars and Coffee in Irvine this Saturday! Be there early, Mustangs get to park in the special front lot this time too!

Well my understanding is the IRS weighs more than the live rear axle so 200 lbs is a pretty good drop in weight.

Looks like im gonna have two mustangs. I like It. I like the retro cars but its really time to move on. Also I like the fact that it weighs 200lbs less and has irs. Im curious to see what the next camaro will look like. Id love to get back in a chevy but not while they are making 4000lb sports cars.

The Rip said:
I am pissed this was leaked ahead. Ford has worked hard to keep it under wraps. This is a big deal for them!
From what I have read Top Brass at Ford gave Autoweek the OK to put the issue out before the reveal.

NFSBOSS said:
Ok I'm flying down. Who's going to pick me up at John Wayne at 7:20? ;D

Here's an interesting article about the new Mustang.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-shouldnt-care-if-you-hate-2015-mustang

I'll pick you up :)

Planning to be there as well. It's supposed to rain though :(

I'd like to see -- and drive -- one in person to render final judgement, but just from the pics I think it looks terrific. The specs we know about (or think we do), like the new "Voodoo" V8, IRS, 200 lbs less weight, even the turbo 4-banger, are all great advances forward. I'll grant that it's at least somewhat of a polarizing design, but that's good IMO. I'm glad Ford didn't play it safe and instead took a risk with the design to move the car somewhat beyond its traditional design confines.

There's always gonna be haters and naysayers who will complain... it is what it is, and that's their prerogative. Some people just can't handle change very well when it happens, but everyone eventually accepts it. In a short time everyone will get used to the new design and it'll all die down, particularly if the car delivers on the performance and handling fronts.

Regardless, Ford has on obvious hit on their hands here and I suspect they'll sell like crazy.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
I could tell it would look better when we could see a profile that wasn't compromised by the folds of the magazine pages. Always reminds me of the back cover if the old Mad Magazines. You could see how misaligned the windshield and hood are in the Autoweek magazine spread.

I think a significant rear spoiler and raised cowl would go a long way. A larger/lower chin spoiler and splitter would help as well. I think the spoilers will arrive later and the aftermarket will provide a raised-cowl hood in short time.

The color-matched rear spoiler isn't doing it for me, at least in the Autoweek pics.

Great performance has a way of making questionable styling look better to me, so I'm looking forward to the hot models that will come along. As this GT looks, I just want to add forced-induction to my Boss. I'll hold off until specs for the GT350 are firmed up.

Then again, I'm getting to where a boosted Boss and a second luxury sedan sound pretty good.

Looks kinda familiar to me:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2040/1161/5098080001_large.jpg?v=0

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
The Rip said:
I am pissed this was leaked ahead. Ford has worked hard to keep it under wraps. This is a big deal for them!
I feel the same way, kinda ruined it for myself also

I like it from the windshield back. it would look better with a 2012 hood and grille. The performance and track potential wit the IRS and lighter weight is what's got me thinking.

Sean said:
From what I have read Top Brass at Ford gave Autoweek the OK to put the issue out before the reveal.

Nothing is ever leaked. Magazines have to sign many NDAs to ensure nothing is leaked without legal and financial consequences. Ford intended for articles to be released in December issues of magazines. There are some exterior shots in the Car & Driver that I bought about 3 weeks ago. It's on the cover.

Now what I hope is that Ford is smart enough to leak some early concept prototypes and the release is of something different. I never judge a car until I see it person but it looks like fusion meets 350Z. I'm not really digging it at the moment.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel