The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 official pics leaked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'll probably get one at some point. Maybe late in '14 after any bugs/TSB/recalls show up. I like the way it looks...and I'm sure there will be aftermarket exterior parts that will make it look even better.

2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448544_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448543_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448526_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448529_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448530_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448531_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448533_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448534_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448535_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448536_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448537_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448538_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448539_l.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448540_l.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
2 questions: 1) A few of the interior pictures have a gauge cluster in place of the third (middle) AC vent. Are those optional, a glimpse of what the SVT/SVO versions have over the GT? 2) Are they offering air conditioned seats, because it looks like they have switches on the center stack for heated and possibly cooled seats.

I'm 53, untill the 2012 Boss showed up I had never wanted a Mustang past 1970, still have a 67 fastback, 68 coupe....but now I like what Ford has done, the fastback look is close to our 67/70 years, this Mustang will be alright in my book. The back in for me is sexy, my wife thinks I'm evolving, or coming out from a rock, I don't like to change.

A 2015 Shelby GT350 white with blue strips will make me happy.

Not going to lie..I wasnt onboard with this car, but now that I see the pics, im starting to like it, especially the conv version. Need to see more on options and price. Still keeping my BOSS

I like it! Can't wait to see it in person. I hope Ford plans to have one or two at the Chicago Auto Show in February. Will be a good chance to convince the wife she needs a GT convertible for her summer car!

Autoweek has a pretty good rundown of what's under the skin of the new 'stang, and has some quotes from Dave Pericak...http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131205/CARNEWS/131129822

Jalopnik has a decent rundown too, plus images of the new IRS and new (yes, new) front strut suspension... http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-is-the-most-advanced-muscle-car-e-1476612775

In the Autoweek article Pericak states "It also became apparent that the IRS was being limited by the front geometry, so the [new, double-ball joint] front suspension came late in the program." Along with double ball joints, the new front suspension incorporates separate lateral and "tension" links, doing away with LCAs. So, perhaps this new setup solves the camber gain problem inherent in the current S917 strut suspension design.

I was just at the good morning America unveiling. The car looks pretty good in person, better than the pics I think. The car they brought wasn't a GT, may have been a V6 or Ecoboost, not sure.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
dabossinne said:
Autoweek has a pretty good rundown of what's under the skin of the new 'stang, and has some quotes from Dave Pericak...http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131205/CARNEWS/131129822

Jalopnik has a decent rundown too, plus images of the new IRS and new (yes, new) front strut suspension... http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-is-the-most-advanced-muscle-car-e-1476612775

In the Autoweek article Pericak states "It also became apparent that the IRS was being limited by the front geometry, so the [new, double-ball joint] front suspension came late in the program." Along with double ball joints, the new front suspension incorporates separate lateral and "tension" links, doing away with LCAs. So, perhaps this new setup solves the camber gain problem inherent in the current S917 strut suspension design.

I don't think the tension link will be able to adjust camber gain with the tension link, but it will change the bumpsteer characteristics.

Camber gain might be changed by the strut angle, and the increased distance between the lateral ball joint and the axis of the strut.

I think it looks fine. Will take some getting used to, but I'm thinking that in person the new car will shine. I'm not entirely sold on the roof design to the body. To me it looks like they glued on the top from one design to the body of another. But, again, in person it might not really seem that way.

Not a fan of the dash, tho. It is too chopped up, and doesn't really flow in design in my opinion. I like more of a one-piece dash cause with several joined components there's more likelihood of squeeks and rattles, and I absolutely HATE squeeks and rattles in a car. Always have.

The IRS is something folks have wanted for a long, long time. I suspect this new car will really handle well compared to all the previous GTs and V6s. I think our Bosses will hold up against the new cars even with a solid rear axle.

I really like that what Ford has done in the design aspects. Looks like the hockey stick body works were not considered going forward. Can't wait to see track comparisons against the boss. With IRS and weight loss this should be significant. Stay tuned! I need a bigger garage!

Conflicting rumors on weight. Ford's hasn't released official weight figures and only says it "meets our targets." Apparently Edmunds is estimating ~100 lb weight GAIN over current S197. EB 4 banger version would likely shave off quite a bit of weight, then there's alum front fenders, and IRS can be either heavier or lighter than a stick axle, depending on design and materials, so, hmmm... one more thing we have to "weight" for.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel