The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 official pics leaked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
MLM said:
Well I hate to do this, but...

lead4-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-review.jpg
slide_0006.jpg

I think this is more like it?
lead4-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-review.jpg

2013-Lotus-Elise-Image-01.jpg

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Just watched the interview with Mullally on Fox business. Car is growing on me except for that lump on the top of the right side of the dash. But again I have no use for any "regular" Mustang so I'll wait to see the performance versions.

So far I really like what I'm seeing in the GT version after hearing about the base V8 engine upgrades, the bigger brakes and HOPEFULLY lighter curb weight. Additionally I like the fact that it's lower and wider, both of which should help it get around the track quicker. Now just think what they can do to juice all of the above with the GT350 or whatever SE version they launch as the "track car" and I'm ready to place my order ;)

Fomoco302 said:
Just watched the interview with Mullally on Fox business. Car is growing on me except for that lump on the top of the right side of the dash. But again I have no use for any "regular" Mustang so I'll wait to see the performance versions.
Did I hear him correctly state "toggle switch to adjust your ride"? That implies a much more advanced suspension even on the base models. This is going to be a long wait. Oh well anticipation is a good thing 8)

Edmunds is saying the car is heavier than the S197. Ford has not released the specs yet.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I thought Ford was done with CMC plates...I wonder who will make the first delete kit/tunes.

JB said:
Edmunds is saying the car is heavier than the S197. Ford has not released the specs yet.
After all the weight savings hype, I hope that's not true.

We'll see how the new rear end holds up at the strip.

Unless there's a much better engine in store and the rear end can handle 9's, I won't be interested.

ForceofWill said:
We'll see how the new rear end holds up at the strip.

Unless there's a much better engine in store and the rear end can handle 9's, I won't be interested.

Not sure about rear diff durability, but there this from the Autoweek article: “[Going] global required that we do it—that simple,” says chief engineer Dave Pericak of IRS. “It allows us to tie the car down and make it more track capable. If you are a serious drag racer, you are going to put a solid axle in there. It's a big job, but we intend to work with various partners to make it easier.”

So maybe there's some hope down the road for you quarter milers.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Fomoco302 said:

I think that's to keep the proportions the same for left and right hand drive versions, since it's going global and all.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Interesting article discussing some of the cars features and one feature Ford hasn't revealed yet. Any guesses?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/12/06/what-new-mustang-big-secret/?intcmp=features

Tucson302 said:
Interesting article discussing some of the cars features and one feature Ford hasn't revealed yet. Any guesses?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/12/06/what-new-mustang-big-secret/?intcmp=features

Its really an electric...and the exhaust noises are audio samples that come over the speakers!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the American Muscle video on the new Mustnag. I was on the fence about the looks until I watched this video. Lots of different angles and interviews with the designer and Engineer. Link below.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-news.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=A-Spot&utm_content=&utm_campaign=PROMO+2013-12-06+2015+Mustang&_bta_tid=3.LYg.BtI_3w.FUAy.AR9LwQ..AgF-LQ.s.Re8.s.AcNf.b.UqJzEA.UqKCVw.whDsTA&_bta_c=jg3qhtekjythe1haltnnfxywak8tv

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel