The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 SCCA Solo class changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Boss 302 LS is moving from ESP (for some reason the said it was in SS) to AS and the non-LS is moving FS. I'm happy with it, as I could not compete with the other AS cars (but I still have tons to learn). What do you think?

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Interesting that they didn't move the two cars together to FS. There really is no performance advantage to the LS that I've seen. Spring rates and bar rates are negligible. Weight and HP are a wash as well. Aero? That splitter could be the reason... dunno.

In stock form, the LS stays in AS and the non-LS moves to FS. They both are still in ESP.

You cannot change springs in Stock classes. The difference between the two cars are minimal, wheel width, splitter, and a rear seat delete. Sway bars and shock dampening are open. They should both be in FS along with the GT. The gearing will limit the Boss.

Also, R tires are no longer allowed in Stock classes except in SS.

Dave

Hmm, I thought they would only let the LS run ESP and only the non-LS was AS. Either way, it will be nice here at the regional level, I was pretty much the only consistent AS competitor. At nationals, I still expect to be whooped up on, but at least I won't have to compete with someone named the alien.

Its about time, the stock Boss should have always been in FS. As for the LS Boss, AS might not be a good fit from a competitive standpoint, but its better than not being classed in Street at all. IMO the LS should be in FS as well, but I don't get to make those decisions.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel