The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 SVT Superfest - Virginia International Raceway - May 22-24, 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking bada$$. Have you thought about having your roof clear coated with the same matte finish as your hood?

NFSBOSS said:
Looking bada$$. Have you thought about having your roof clear coated with the same matte finish as your hood?

I was trying for the opposite. But the body shop recommended matte for the hood because it hides the imperfections better...

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I have 2 garage spots reserved. One for me and one for Darren. Darren is not able to attend, so I have a spot open. $100/day is what I am paying. Anyone want to join me?

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Flyboygsxr said:
How much angle do you have on your rear wing? It looks pretty neutral in the picture.

even though the angle is adjustable, the shape of the wing itself is what produces the downforce (think opposite of a plane's wing thank you Mr. Bernoulli)... so I opt for a low angle so as not to produce an excessive wind-brake drag effect, especially when highway driving to the track and around town, or for the big straights!

LTNYC said:
unfortunately I've had to withdraw from this event... sad, since I look forward to this one all year, and I missed last May... but family first. I'll be there for sure in November... hope to see you guys there. Kill that Boss group por favor, as I hope Tony decides to do it again! Have fun!! post pics... big red will be there in spirit!

Larry

What?!

You start this thread, recruit people for the event, and now you're not showing up?! :p Hope everything is alright though and you're missing the event for a good occasion and not a bad one.

F.D. Sako said:
What?!

You start this thread, recruit people for the event, and now you're not showing up?! :p Hope everything is alright though and you're missing the event for a good occasion and not a bad one.

Yeah I'm bummed brother. Enjoy and hopefully catch u next time!

I think it's safe to say that we all had a blast over the weekend, except the people that missed it!
It was great seeing you guys again and meeting new members.

Here's an in-car video of our yellow group, Sunday third session, which contains my fastest lap of the weekend, 2:13.10!
Harry's lap timer says my virtual best would be 2:11.53, which I better see next time I go out to VIR.
Oh and I also got my first speeding ticket while heading home after the event :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtNjEiKK3Jo&feature=youtu.be

F.D. Sako said:
I think it's safe to say that we all had a blast over the weekend, except the people that missed it!
It was great seeing you guys again and meeting new members.

Here's an in-car video of our yellow group, Sunday third session, which contains my fastest lap of the weekend, 2:13.10!
Harry's lap timer says my virtual best would be 2:11.53, which I better see next time I go out to VIR.
Oh and I also got my first speeding ticket while heading home after the event :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtNjEiKK3Jo&feature=youtu.be

Way to pick it up after we left! That is quick on street tires!

I got my first speeding ticket on my way home too!!! Don't tell me yours was in Buena Vista, VA?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
KBBOSS1086 said:
Way to pick it up after we left! That is quick on street tires!

I got my first speeding ticket on my way home too!!! Don't tell me yours was in Buena Vista, VA?

Guys

I had a great time. No ticket for me. LOL

I dropped 12 seconds off best time from last visit. The secret to that?????? Go slow your first trip there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Tracy

Sean, I got pulled over on route15. I'm pretty sure cop was hiding behind trees, because I didn't spot him until he was behind me. Also, having tires in my rear view mirror didn't help either :eek:

Tracy, the strategy of going slow your first time out works only once! lol

-Sarkis

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
With Waze and a radar detector...you will be ticket free :)

FYI Waze is an app you can download for your phone. It's like a social networking site for the roadways. People post on an interactive map where the cops are hiding in addition to a bunch of other services.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
F.D. Sako said:
Sean, I got pulled over on route15. I'm pretty sure cop was hiding behind trees, because I didn't spot him until he was behind me. Also, having tires in my rear view mirror didn't help either :eek:

Tracy, the strategy of going slow your first time out works only once! lol

-Sarkis

Will be adding parts and drivers mods soon.

I have not had a speeding ticket since 1981!!!! May be I could teach you guys something about stealth!!

If I could only drop 12 seconds again. LOL

really bummed i missed it, but will be sure to attend in NOV!

Anyone else got some video or pics? Looks like it was a blast!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel