The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 Ford Performance Parts Catalog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep said:
Does anyone know the amount of drop you can expect switching to the R springs.
The R is 1" lower in the front. 1/2" is from the tires and 1/2" is from the springs. It has not been confirmed that the R rear springs are lower.

When i talked to the extremely nice guy at Levittown Ford, he said they were backordered until maybe April. Looks like they got em back in stock. On the porch this morning with full instructions as well !

20160220_105224_zpsavqbwf10.jpg

Was on the phone with a friend who works at Ford Performance last night.

The oil separator came up as a topic of discussion. He wanted me to relay this to GT350 owners; Run oil separators on both sides of the engine. The Voodoo engine breathes a lot differently from the Coyote internally. Voodoo engines tend to have more oil vapor on the drivers side, opposite to what is experienced on the Boss...

He said that both sides should now be available even though the part number for the drivers side is not on anyone's website yet. Have your supplier reach out to FPRP to confirm and they should be able to order it for you.....

8)

Just an FYI.

Later,
BT

BigTaco said:
Was on the phone with a friend who works at Ford Performance last night.

The oil separator came up as a topic of discussion. He wanted me to relay this to GT350 owners; Run oil separators on both sides of the engine. The Voodoo engine breathes a lot differently from the Coyote internally. Voodoo engines tend to have more oil vapor on the drivers side, opposite to what is experienced on the Boss...

He said that both sides should now be available even though the part number for the drivers side is not on anyone's website yet. Have your supplier reach out to FPRP to confirm and they should be able to order it for you.....

8)

Just an FYI.

Later,
BT

This is correct.
The part numbers are the same except the left (driver side) has a "S" added to the part number.
Right side M-6766-A50
Left side M-6766-A50S

The inability to drain the FP separators is puzzling to me and makes me lean in a different direction. Having to take it apart seems like too much hassle given the alternatives out there. Anybody else considering an alternative for this reason?

I installed Ford Performance's oil separator on the passenger side of my GT350's engine, but seems like I saw somewhere that they recommend one on each side of the engine for track use. Why do they only offer one?

Or is a driver's side one not really needed. The left and right valve cover vents go into different points of the intake system. Is the point where the passenger side vents into the intake system more critical?

LS587 said:
I installed Ford Performance's oil separator on the passenger side of my GT350's engine, but seems like I saw somewhere that they recommend one on each side of the engine for track use. Why do they only offer one?

Or is a driver's side one not really needed. The left and right valve cover vents go into different points of the intake system. Is the point where the passenger side vents into the intake system more critical?

Voodoo engines need both, especially on the drivers side.

2016 Ford Performance Parts: GT350 Cooler Update

Here's the latest I received today. Ford is very aware of the concerns with the base and tech pack owners that are disappointed that they cannot track their cars for very long. The solution will be complete but you'll need to be patient. I have great confidence that Ford will do this correctly and provide a solution that will solve the overheating issues. My read on this is the kits will be available after July 1st at the earliest.

"1. We are putting together a couple of packages to help. One will be all of the OEM trans parts. The track pack/R trans, lines, heat exchanger, brackets and fasteners. We are looking to offer it at a discount from the price one would have to pay when trying to piece it together at a dealership. It still won’t be cheap. But it will be a good easy fix.

2. Next, we are investigating a package that adds an external electric pump along with modified production plumbing and the production heat exchanger. We have it wired to just a switch that the operator would need to manually control.

We will be testing system number 2 pretty soon to verify function. But it will be quite a while before we can have it in production.

There is also a diff cooler kit based on the production parts with a manual switch in the works that will be tested at the same time. Also likely months from production."

VoodooBOSS said:
In other news Ford Performance parts news the R rear seat delete kit is "in process" but no ETA.

I also asked about the R front splitter and they are looking into it. I hope to have an update on this soon.

@Tob

if anyone's interested in an R seat delete kit, contact me. I'll rip out your rear seats for you.

but seriously, I have an R and put a rollbar in it and am considering just selling the rear blockout panel instead of trying to re-install it.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Re: 2016 Ford Performance Parts: GT350 Cooler Update

VoodooBOSS said:
Here's the latest I received today. Ford is very aware of the concerns with the base and tech pack owners that are disappointed that they cannot track their cars for very long. The solution will be complete but you'll need to be patient. I have great confidence that Ford will do this correctly and provide a solution that will solve the overheating issues. My read on this is the kits will be available after July 1st at the earliest.

"1. We are putting together a couple of packages to help. One will be all of the OEM trans parts. The track pack/R trans, lines, heat exchanger, brackets and fasteners. We are looking to offer it at a discount from the price one would have to pay when trying to piece it together at a dealership. It still won’t be cheap. But it will be a good easy fix.

2. Next, we are investigating a package that adds an external electric pump along with modified production plumbing and the production heat exchanger. We have it wired to just a switch that the operator would need to manually control.

We will be testing system number 2 pretty soon to verify function. But it will be quite a while before we can have it in production.

There is also a diff cooler kit based on the production parts with a manual switch in the works that will be tested at the same time. Also likely months from production."

Thanks for checking in! I appreciate their efforts. July timeframe is reasonable, if it were early next year, not so much. I would've rather the smarter decision of the '17 MY configurations in the first place, but here we are.

TMO Supporting Vendors