The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 GT350R vs. 2015 Z/28 - Head 2 Head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That drag race wasn't fair, the Camaro can't maintain full power sucking in the GT350's dust. Boooo... And during the comparison lap footage the GT350 was so loud and awesome you couldn't hear the Camaro. Double Mullet Boooooo!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Both drivers mentioned the issue the Camaro has with acceleration out of a corner. I have seen this at RA following a ZL1. Car will break loose upon return to throttle if the driver is not cautious.

.2 on the drag race and 2 seconds on the road course. Amazing. I loved the response from Randy when asked what needs to be improved. "Nothing" with a huge smile.

Got to get one!!!

The Z28 is a hard sell, there are at least 5 sitting in dealers show rooms in Ontario Canada with a $15,000 rebate and no sale. There is one in London, ON with an MSRP of $83K CDN and can be had for $65K. Good luck Chevy.

Agreed, the Z28 is a very capable track car, but uses many parts of the shelf. Saw my first 2016 Camaro today, and it looks smaller for sure. Wonder what they may do for a track duty version in the future. At least they now know they have to improve it to caught up again.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Enjoyed the video. No surprise. I'm sure Ford was sure the GT350R would out pace the Z and did their testing and homework.

The times at Chuckwalla were 1:58 R and 1:59 for the Z (roughly). The best times I have seen for the Boss at track events were 2:05 at Chuckwalla. I think Arizona did a 1:59 in his race prepared Boss.

The GT350R makes the Boss analog and primitive overnight. The Boss is now an "oldie but still a goodie". ;D

Still love my LS but waiting patiently for an R too.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
You just know a new Z28 is in the wings. My guess with the new breathed on LS7 motivator and a price point under the R. Will be fun to see!

Would love to see Chysler jump in with an AAR Cuda. That would be awesome!

TMO Supporting Vendors