The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 model year quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys

i was looking at a 350 in a dealership today that they had just received two days before and hadn't run any prep on it.

Thing was, i noticed that the rear fender panel didn't fit well to the edge of the wings, you know when you take the fender off on the Boss you can some times end up refitting the clips a couple of times to get it to sit right, well this shelby had this problem on one side of the rear fender and the opposite side of the front fender, also the plastic panel on the hood was up of its clip.

I was very disappointed to see this bad panel fit, has anyone else noticed anything?

Yes and I've seen it discussed elsewhere. The production GT350 I saw did not have a clean rear bumper fit either. I sure hope they get this corrected before mine gets produced at the end of January. Hopefully some of the other owners will chime in on how theirs look.

@cloud9
@mattlqx

mattlqx

Mustangless
I wouldn't call the bumper cover fits bad, but they're not great and certainly not up to German standards. My panels are pretty well fit but they do vary at any given point and they are slightly different from side to side. Finger for scale. I can't get my finger tip in there really. And to be clear, I don't personally have a problem with the panel fitment on this car.

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

I'm talking 1/4inch gap really quite obvious not like the car above I think we are used to that sort of fitment from ford

VooDooBOSS said:
Yes and I've seen it discussed elsewhere. The production GT350 I saw did not have a clean rear bumper fit either. I sure hope they get this corrected before mine gets produced at the end of January. Hopefully some of the other owners will chime in on how theirs look.

@cloud9
@mattlqx
To be honest I haven't noticed any obvious issues. I only drove it for a couple weeks before covering it up for the winter and was more worried about getting seat time than looking it over too closely. I did get a good long look at it on the lift at the dealership while we were installing the front spoiler, but everything looked good. The only blemish was the bottom part of the stripes under the front splitter bubbling just a bit, but we pressed them down and they have stayed.

mattlqx

Mustangless
cloud9 said:
The only blemish was the bottom part of the stripes under the front splitter bubbling just a bit, but we pressed them down and they have stayed.

The underside of the hood has this too where they wrapped them around and just kinda slapped them down. I just hope they don't start to come loose there from the heat and cause a problem with the business side of the hood.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
big red one said:
I'm talking 1/4inch gap really quite obvious not like the car above I think we are used to that sort of fitment from ford

That sounds like something happened in transport. 1/4" is not normal.

The other slight mis-alignments mentioned is unfortunately typical of Ford. Back in 2010 I remember noticing such problems on the mustangs at several dealer lots. I still ordered my GT that August and luckily it wasn't an issue on mine.

The panel fitment on my GT350 is woeful. Preproduction-level bad. I've been put through a meat grinder on the other forum for saying that, so I'm kinda glad someone else thinks the same.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel