The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 Petit Le Mans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw a 2012 Race Red Boss and a dark gray GT350 in the wild. The GT350 sounds amazing and it was just idling through the crowd with a occasional blip. Ford brought a GT, it was the yellow with black stripe non running car. It is bigger than I thought it would be. If you had a ford key and gave up some info you could watch the race on a big screen in the shade, nice touch. I was using film so no pictures. The GT race cars are amazing!!! The lady who was talking tech said the GT street car will be rarer than a unicorn. I agree, might see one at next years race. Also Ford had a Focus RS, nice looking car. Did any other members attend?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have to admit I am a bit baffled at why they are building so few GTs , since even with the price tag the demand is off scale. I had over 20 deposits at our store , but like everyone else we received so few. You would think that Ford could double production, it would still be ultra rare and folks would still be lined up to buy as insane prices. Oh well, great looking machine and after beating Ferrari at LeMans , sure would be cool if they could use that to take away a lot of the Italian's sales ?!

TMO Supporting Vendors