The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: 2016 Do The Screw In Your 302 And GT350 Too! May 28-29

Rick,

She's not driving but may tag along. I won't be needing a garage.

Looks like we are going to have a good turn out. I'm really looking forward to running with the GT350's.

Steve

Bay Area

Well my annual Vegas trip might be cancelled. If it is I will be there and I would like a garage. What is the cut off?

Thanks

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Badbossed said:
I want to go but hate to drive all the way from Reno and not pass sound check. I am running JBA x-pipe and 3 inch exhaust. Any recommendations on how to pass? :-[
I'm all 3" exhaust as well....if you find a good solution in 3" I sure love to hear about it.

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director

Would live to attend, but I really doubt I can make sound.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

VoodooBOSS said:
We are in the process of moving this event to a different track and day. The new GT350's can't pass the 90 db sound limit at LS so we are looking at a date at Sonoma in August. Stay tuned for more info.
That's awesome! I would love to make this event.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

If I have a 350 delivered by then, this could be the perfect way to break it in :)

Or maybe I'll bring the B302 if the dates work out and I have some extra cash for tires...always wanted to wind her out at Sonoma.

Maybe @captdistraction will be operational by then; assuming @mattlqx and @steeda5 would be interested as well.

The LS noise limitations for most track days is a real bummer. The good news is many, including me, think Sonoma is a better track and more challenging. I know LS is on a lot of peoples bucket list but Sonoma should be on that list too. Taking turn 1 going up hill at a buck plus is a scream! Between the camber on the track and the G's your pulling it feels like you're getting sucked out the bottom of your car. Then it's so steep going into turn 2 you hardly need to touch the brakes and you scrub off speed almost instantly. 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I've got probably 9-10 hours of seat time there in our LeMons Crown Vic...need to see what it feels like in a FAST race car :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Since we can no longer call it "Do the screw".... do we call it "Cars Sonoma?"...lol.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Updated: 2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

Well I haven't really thought through this too thoroughly, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Group D.
Not planning on garage for B302; could change if I receive/bring GT350 by then.

See you guys in Sonoma :)

@captdistraction @mattlqx you guys in? :)

PEER PRESSURE!!! :)

VoodooBOSS said:
Ok this event is officially moved to Thursday August 25th at Sonoma Raceway. I'll post an update on the details later this evening but for now:

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

I'm out. Can't do August. Still running May 28-29 tho, with HOD.

Just saw this ... I am in for Sonoma, and I too would have had problems with sound at Laguna Seca on a 90db day.

Registered on the HOD site.

I also would like a garage for the day.

Looking forward to it! That will make a couple of August days for me at Sonoma along with Mini Nats.

mattlqx

Mustangless

ArizonaBOSS said:
Well I haven't really thought through this too thoroughly, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Group D.
Not planning on garage for B302; could change if I receive/bring GT350 by then.

See you guys in Sonoma :)

@captdistraction @mattlqx you guys in? :)

PEER PRESSURE!!! :)

I'm in if @ArizonaBOSS and @captdistraction are.

It is indeed a smart move from Laguna with a 90db limit.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

captdistraction said:
If I have a car. Le-redacted-sigh.

Drive the Raptor, bang curbs hard

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel