The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Updated: 2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

VoodooBOSS said:
Looks like @scmscout is going to make it down from Vancouver. Please check the first post and let me know if I don't have the attendance correct.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10464.0

I'll be reserving the garages in the next week. So for now it looks like we only have two garages. If you want a garage or want to share a garage please let me know immediately.

Garage 1: YoPauly and VoodooBoss
Garage 2: @Surfergeek , do you want to share with someone?

I can share if someone wants to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach

Hola gang, I'm back in the world... so to speak.

Just did the Mini-Nats weekend @ Sonoma this past weekend. Looks like I'm in. Now to see if I'm there to help HOD or coming to just fully roll with the TMO clan.

I'll follow up tomorrow Voodoo...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I think I signed up for "Track Trials GT2" but they might bump me since I don't have any race tech forms on-file...we'll see.

Car is now totally ready for this trip save for a tank of 100 octane and a really good wash/detail.

ArizonaBOSS said:
I think I signed up for "Track Trials GT2" but they might bump me since I don't have any race tech forms on-file...we'll see.

Car is now totally ready for this trip save for a tank of 100 octane and a really good wash/detail.

Sweet! Washing your car before a trip to Thunderhill isn't a good use of your time. I5 has 10,000,000,000,000 bugs just waiting to stick to your windshield!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

mprichar87 said:
Sweet! Washing your car before a trip to Thunderhill isn't a good use of your time. I5 has 10,000,000,000,000 bugs just waiting to stick to your windshield!
Actually, slightly fewer bugs....I brought a bunch of them home last week on my radiator.

Fabman said:
Actually, slightly fewer bugs....I brought a bunch of them home last week on my radiator.

You and me both...my Bronco is now bug colored. I went up there in May of this year, got in around 1230am or so. I had to stop and clean my windshield about 40 miles out of Willows because I literally could not see through it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Myself and a few others will be sleeping in our Trailers/Campers/RVs in Sonoma Lot 2 on the evening of Wednesday, 8/24. For Thunderhill, those with campers and RVs can stay at the track, however I booked a room at HI Express in Willows.

AFAIK Thunderhill closes at 6 PM. If you plan on camping there or dropping off after 6 I'd call and confirm your plans with the track.

VoodooBOSS said:
AFAIK Thunderhill closes at 6 PM. If you plan on camping there or dropping off after 6 I'd call and confirm your plans with the track.

I think this depends on who rents the track? This past Saturday with NCRC it was open until midnight.

Looking at the Reno SCCA Motorsport reg page: "A welcome party will be held Friday evening beginning at 7:00pm for participants and guests. Beer, Wine, Soda, Water and Appetizers will be provided." So it should be open past 7 on Friday night.

I'll be working until about 9:15PM Wednesday night as I am teaching a class, so looks like I'll be driving up EARLY Thursday morning.

VoodooBOSS said:
The weather is looking very favorable for all three days. Local members should stop by and say hello and bum a ride.

Sonoma
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sears-point-ca/95476/august-weather/2142740

Thunderhill, I think Friday and Sat are going to be closer to 90 degrees.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/willows-ca/95988/august-weather/332003

I may drop by to check out all the TMO members' cars and take pictures. Hopefully I can sneak away from work on Thursday. Aside from this weekend, any plans for other TMO trackdays this year?

Sydewaysix said:
Aside from this weekend, any plans for other TMO trackdays this year?
None locally. I'll be at TH on September 17th with HOD and then the 26th for a semi private track day. If you have a car by then and want to attend let me know.

FYI HOD is holding a race for the BMW club as part of our event on the 25th and we may not be able to take a photo on track during lunch. I'll check in with them that morning and let everyone know after the drivers meeting.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel