The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Due to sound limitations we've moved this event from Laguna Seca to Sonoma Raceway on Thursday August 25th.

We'll have garages available.

https://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Cool_Cars_in_Sonoma_-_August_25th

Last years event

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8712.75

GBMC3007_zpsatng8huu.jpg

VoodooBoss: Group C, 1 garage
YoPauly: Group C, sharing garage with VoodooBoss
Moto: Group D
ArizonaBoss: Group D
MattIQX: Group C
Tucson302: Group D no garage
mprichar87:
Bullitt08: Group B
Surfergeek: Group C, Garage-share
MMcGuirk
SDS: Group D
scmscout: Group B/C

Possible Attendees:
@treynor
@fuhrius
@Boss2273
@byronj
@Viper1mx

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: 2016 Do The Screw In Your 302 And GT350 Too! May 28-29

VooDooBOSS said:
90 db, it's why I didn't include you in the first post.

That and not knowing if I'll have a 350 by then makes it really iffy for me. Running with the side pipes uncorked is just too much to pass up and I don't think I'll be allowed to go to LS twice in '16. Last year was an exception for Track Tour...

mattlqx

Mustangless

I'd be up for a weekend in the bay in May. Delivery of my GT350 should be long before then.

I would really really like to attend this event but afraid sound will have me out fast.. :mad:
if I switch to stock 13-14 mufflers do you guys think I can pass sound..?

I want to go but hate to drive all the way from Reno and not pass sound check. I am running JBA x-pipe and 3 inch exhaust. Any recommendations on how to pass? :-[

Bay Area

If I go will does anyone know if I will pass with GT50 axle backs and no discs or would I need to install them?

THX

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Wish I could be there. If you can make it, you should go.

I am planning on going to this event, but am also worried about making sound. I spoke with someone at the track who said that a typical STOCK Mustang GT makes 95db at the sound booth. !! Yikes! I have the Borla "Touring" CAT back exhaust, which is Borla's quietest system. I still have my GT mufflers in the garage.

Does anyone have suggestions on making sound? My car is a 2012 GT with a CAI/tune - and the Borla. That's it.

tetstang said:
I am planning on going to this event, but am also worried about making sound. I spoke with someone at the track who said that a typical STOCK Mustang GT makes 95db at the sound booth. !! Yikes! I have the Borla "Touring" CAT back exhaust, which is Borla's quietest system. I still have my GT mufflers in the garage.

Does anyone have suggestions on making sound? My car is a 2012 GT with a CAI/tune - and the Borla. That's it.
Where are you located? Do you still have your cats installed? If so you'll likely be fine.

As I posted in the other thread: My Boss with 3/4" side discs and GT500 mufflers never had trouble making 90 db at Laguna Seca. I doubt a stock GT makes 95 db but it depends how far away the sound meter is located.

I'll definitely be there. I'm bringing my Boss 302S for both days, and my wife will be bringing her 458 Challenge just to torture me. Should be a good time!

treynor said:
I'll definitely be there. I'm bringing my Boss 302S for both days, and my wife will be bringing her 458 Challenge just to torture me. Should be a good time!
Sounds good. If the 458 has a passenger seat I'd love to bum a ride!

BTW I'll reserve garages so if you want a garage please let me know. You can either split a garage, meaning nose to tail, or get a full garage. Please specify. I'll update the first post with attendees and garage preference. I'll post the price when I get them but plan on $100 for a full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcjNBFdlmTs

I'm registered with HOD for the event - both days. Saturday dinner is good with me, and I'm interested in paddocking with you guys. Please tell me more about it.

VooDoo,

Thanks for the garage info. "Nose-to-tail" meaning you share a garage with someone in your run group, or do you just play musical cars to make sure the guy parked nose out is in the next run group?

$100 - for a full garage...per day?

Another parking question... Where can I park my full size truck and 20 ft trailer?

Thanks.

VooDoo,

Please put me down for sharing a garage for both days. Run Group C. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors