The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Updated: 2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

Anyone want to get together the night before/night of the event for dinner/drinks?

I'm in for something after the track day.

My sister in law lives in Sonoma so I'll see if I can come up with a restaurant.

In for Sonoma group D with the noisy cars (also still running the LS weekend with any remaining quiet cars)

Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Possibilities for Friday 8/26 if people have another day to burn on-track:

1) Sonoma w/ Speedventures for $259 http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=597
2) Thunderhill 3-mile w/ NCRC for $169 (non-member price) http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

I think I'll stick around for a second day if possible; it's a long haul for me to just do a single day :) Leaning towards the Thunderhill option right now.
Also it looks like SCCA Reno region is doing T-Hill West track on 8/27... :)

There's a couple of nice options. I have not run with NCRC but I believe either @SDS or @fuhrius have. For any of you coming from out of town and haven't run Thunderhill before this would be an excellent opportunity to do so. As long as it's not 108 like it was when we ran there two years ago! ::)

VoodooBOSS said:
There's a couple of nice options. I have not run with NCRC but I believe either @SDS or @fuhrius have. For any of you coming from out of town and haven't run Thunderhill before this would be an excellent opportunity to do so. As long as it's not 108 like it was when we ran there two years ago! ::)

I haven't run with NCRC...I go with CFRA though. CFRA has a Sonoma day (sharing it with TMR) on 8/28. Well-behaved guests are always welcome. So I'm not sure which I'll do or if I'll do both.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I should probably be on the way back to AZ on the 28th at the latest. So far the 8/25: Sonoma followed by 8/26 THill East and 8/27 THill West looks great though...three tracks in three days!

ArizonaBOSS said:
I should probably be on the way back to AZ on the 28th at the latest. So far the 8/25: Sonoma followed by 8/26 THill East and 8/27 THill West looks great though...three tracks in three days!

Now that's a good weekend...you'll get a bit of everything you can ask for between those three tracks!

Thunderhill is fun, but I am with Rick. I was there on that 108 degree day and I am never going there in the Summer again. It's hot as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd agree with that. TH West is pretty much a go kart track, doesn't highlight our cars at all. Running it with the bypass is pretty sweet, although I've never done the west bypass on the 2 mile track standalone, just while running the 5 mile track. Adding in the bypass saves the gear box by cutting out those hairpins between T7W & T10W. It also allows the Boss to stretch her legs a bit, without the bypass you're barely in 4th gear before T1 comes up.

I've switched my registration from LS to Sonoma on August 25th. If anyone previously registered for LS and wants to switch please send me a PM immediately.

Also FYI there are no first timers allowed at Sonoma due to the fact that instructors are not allowed at the event. If you're a first timer and want to go you'll need to attend a HOD event prior to this and get signed off for solo. Ask in the thread if you have any questions.

From HOD's website:

"UPDATE: 2/26/16 - We have moved this event to having 3 HOD run groups, B, C, and D. In the place of the fourth run group, we will have the BMWCCA Club Racing group join us on their way to Oktoberfest later that weekend at Laguna...this is a very professional, high quality club racing group that will do two races in the afternoon, giving our HOD folks a fun show...otherwise, the HOD run groups will be run exactly the same as any other safe HOD event...

NOTE: We do not do the First Timers/Beginner school at Sonoma. You do not necessarily have to have been solo approved by HOD if you have equivalent experience. If you have questions about your skill level to run with HOD at Sonoma, email us at: [email protected]"

VoodooBOSS said:
I've switched my registration from LS to Sonoma on August 25th. If anyone previously registered for LS and wants to switch please send me a PM immediately.

Also FYI there are no first timers allowed at Sonoma due to the fact that instructors are not allowed at the event. If you're a first timer and want to go you'll need to attend a HOD event prior to this and get signed off for solo. Ask in the thread if you have any questions.

From HOD's website:

"UPDATE: 2/26/16 - We have moved this event to having 3 HOD run groups, B, C, and D. In the place of the fourth run group, we will have the BMWCCA Club Racing group join us on their way to Oktoberfest later that weekend at Laguna...this is a very professional, high quality club racing group that will do two races in the afternoon, giving our HOD folks a fun show...otherwise, the HOD run groups will be run exactly the same as any other safe HOD event...

NOTE: We do not do the First Timers/Beginner school at Sonoma. You do not necessarily have to have been solo approved by HOD if you have equivalent experience. If you have questions about your skill level to run with HOD at Sonoma, email us at: [email protected]"

If anyone needs to get signed off for solo before Sonoma let me know, I'm an HoD driving coach and I can help you out.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

captdistraction said:
As soon as I'm on my final tune I'll get registered. Everything is looking good

Hell yeah bro!

Might as well cruise to Thunderhill with me and Woodbeck the following two days!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

VoodooBOSS said:
I'll probably do TH with you on Fri. Maybe @Moto will join us.

SOLID. Here is the events page for NCRC, scroll down to 8/26. http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

$174 for non-members.

TMO Supporting Vendors