The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 TMO's Cruzin The Carousel with HOD on August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
RaiderJatt02 said:
Nice videos! If you don't mind me asking, what do you use to record the telemetry? I haven't found a way to record the brake pressure on mine.

All that info comes from the car's PCM save for the GPS positioning and the oil pressure/temperature (not shown). That AIM dash just behind the steering wheel is a datalogger, it is tapped into the CANBUS lines on the back side of the OBDII port. The PID for the brake pressure (in the S197) is "a_MCYL_PRESS", if that gives some clue to what it might be called in the S550.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
ArizonaBOSS said:
Thunderhill 3-Mile video finished uploading:

https://youtu.be/zm8g00gNBY4
Great Vids, the car looks well balanced and well driven.
Do you have a build thread? I'd love to learn from your experience.....

Fabman said:
I just made it a sticky so it's easier to find.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5404.0

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Wait until I can go back with a quieter exhaust setup and then we can really let it rip :) I am aiming for mid 1:40s... That was a ton of fun even with the handicap. I'm sure @Moto will go even faster in the R, as well--that was a great showing for the first time on the track with a new car (and a track with walls, at that).

ArizonaBOSS said:
Wait until I can go back with a quieter exhaust setup and then we can really let it rip :) I am aiming for mid 1:40s... That was a ton of fun even with the handicap. I'm sure @Moto will go even faster in the R, as well--that was a great showing for the first time on the track with a new car (and a track with walls, at that).

I am up for that! yes, the walls are holding me back!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
VoodooBOSS said:
I just made it a sticky so it's easier to find.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5404.0

Fabman said:

The link is in his signature, which shows up on the first post for that user on each page. I'd suggest doing the same if you like.

mattlqx

Mustangless
VoodooBOSS said:
Good times. It was fun watching @Moto and @ArizonaBOSS going at it during that session. Interesting that Moto's times don't appear to be significantly faster than he was with his Boss. Both @mattlqx noticed the same about our times there as well. I'm sure my GT350 is a lot faster at Thunderhill but it's a big HP track.

I was much more confident at Sonoma the first 500 or 600 laps I did there before people started pressing upon me how much of a car eater it is. I finally started to come around to the idea that you're probably actually are screwed if you make a mistake. Anyway, I did roughly the same time as my Boss on Corsas so, I'll still call it a slight improvement.

Here's my Sonoma vid: https://youtu.be/t_ClGid8140

FR500S-44

It's the challenge
Yep, found 2017. My navigating herein isn't that great, yet. (That's why I track drive. If I find my way around the track the first time I usually can repeat.) Thanks because I'd like to add a good deal of track time with you Mustang guys n gals this year. The FR500 and me need a lot of seat time to get where she is capable of being and where I want to be. Make sense? Never satisfied? I know. There's always more, faster, better. It's a motor heads guys sickness I guess. See ya out there, Cliff

TMO Supporting Vendors