The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2017 Avalanche Grey GT350 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Killer car and one thing I would suggest is to get a 6 point harness and not a 4 point. Much better for holding you in and it gets rid of the risk of submarining - term used when a driver slips under the belts in a bad accident. The cost is not that much more , and mainly is just for a kit to anchor your front straps. Many of the track groups are now requiring a 5 or 6 point harness also , with preference heavily weighted towards the 6 point. It will not be surprising to find a 6 point system required in the very near future so it may save you bucks getting that set-up first.

Again , welcome to TMO!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Killer car and one thing I would suggest is to get a 6 point harness and not a 4 point. Much better for holding you in and it gets rid of the risk of submarining - term used when a driver slips under the belts in a bad accident. The cost is not that much more , and mainly is just for a kit to anchor your front straps. Many of the track groups are now requiring a 5 or 6 point harness also , with preference heavily weighted towards the 6 point. It will not be surprising to find a 6 point system required in the very near future so it may save you bucks getting that set-up first.

Again , welcome to TMO!
Thanks Bill. I will certainly keep that advice front of mind!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Avalanche grey is my absolute favorite. Beast of a car!
Thanks Chris. Just woke her up this weekend. Great to put some miles on her and burnout the stabilizer. First track event is a little over a month away at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. Northwoods Shelby Club. Cannot wait!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I like the color so much I want to repaint my car with it. Probably won't happen, but subscribing to this so I can see more pics when you hit the track again!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I like the color so much I want to repaint my car with it. Probably won't happen, but subscribing to this so I can see more pics when you hit the track again!
I will try to be better at taking pics. Maybe post some on track video too. I usually think about it after the fact! Get caught up in everything else.....

TMO Supporting Vendors