The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 Ford Ratpor Photos and Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like how they are torture testing the new Raptor. Having ridden on this terrain on a motorcycle I know it's rough. That's impressive that the Raptor is 25% faster than the previous version.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/08/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-desert-testing/#slide-3543174

raptor-4-1.jpg
raptor-1-1.jpg
raptor-2-1.jpg
raptor-3-1.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: 2017 Ford Ratpor Testing in Mexico

My dealer tells me they'll start taking orders next August on these Raptors. I've been thinking about buying a used one with low miles or waiting.

Raptors are cool for desert type offroading, but they are just too freaking big for a lot of places . I used to wheel my 1/2 ton Chevy pickup, but I got tired of dicey three point turns on switchbacks, and scrapes on the sides from rocks and trees. I've never seen a Raptor back in the forest or on the really tough trails in Moab. I have to fold my mirrors on my Wrangler in a lot of places, that would be a dent on a Raptor.

Here is a guy who didn't care about his Raptor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNPJjVGdssI

The 3rd gen (1996-2002) 4Runners I have had are perfect. They are narrow enough and have a small enough turning radius for almost any trail. I also have a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, and it is even a little too wide and long. A two door Wrangler is better, but then you have no room inside.

If only Toyota had continued basing the 4Runner on the Tacoma instead of going off into the weeds with the FJ Cruiser...now the only off road SUV they have is gargantuan. No wonder Jeep sales are off the charts, and have been for years. There is basically nothing left to go offroad except Jeeps and Tacomas.

TMO Supporting Vendors