The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
This last weekend a NASCAR Cup car over revved. They changed the valve springs and raced it the next day. Engine lived. I know our cars are not meant to last at those engine speeds. My point it to share that the part(s) they saw as most effected were the valve springs.
True but this NASCAR cars are made to do 9500 RPM the Gen 2 5.0 can barely do 8000 RPM. As I said my engine is running as it should but it's losing oil I will know more when my dealer check it on Friday.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Dealer did a compression test and filled it with new 5W20 Motorcraft. I did 110 miles drive on the highway with it trying to vary RPM's and the oil level was stable. No Missfires or Codes on the computer as well. I think I dodged the bullet but will try to keep an eye on oil consumption.
Next event is Dracon Speed Cup R2 27.04 can't wait to see what it will run with the A052's there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel