The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 GT350 orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have an idea or any reliable information if Ford is accepting orders for the 2017 GT350? Are they going to be allocated like the 16's? Is there a option list available such as colors etc.?
Kinda curious as to the possible changes in the cars.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Three new colors and track pack items are now standard. Grabber blue, lighting blue and ruby red.

For has a press release out which shows the colors. Can't find on iPad Google should bring up the release.

I am curious where the pricing will be with the 2017s.

Grant 302 said:
I'm hoping for a bump in power. ;)

Not that it needs it. Just sayin' wouldn't hurt.
Now that would piss me off! ::)

I have the guide and will try and get it posted tonight.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
VoodooBOSS said:
Now that would piss me off! ::)

I have the guide and will try and get it posted tonight.

Running changes almost always happen with Mustangs. '17 is technically the third model year for the GT350.

For the Coyotes we've already seen 412-420-435 bumps between just '11 and '15 model years. Lots of SN95 examples of running power bumps for the various 4.6Ls. Power bumps are in the Mustang DNA.

Grant 302 said:
Boss stayed at 444 for both years though. Not sure you can really call the '15 a run of the MY versus just a "special batch" ;) The GT500 comparison is apples to oranges since it went from an iron block with a 1.9L single screw blower to an aluminum block then a twin screw 2.3L.

Grant 302

cloud9 said:
Boss stayed at 444 for both years though. Not sure you can really call the '15 a run of the MY versus just a "special batch" ;) The GT500 comparison is apples to oranges since it went from an iron block with a 1.9L single screw blower to an aluminum block then a twin screw 2.3L.

2nd year wasn't long enough to justify a power bump. Just glad it wasn't factory installed TracKey! It was enough that '13s got Sync and the electronic dash upgrades.

That's why I said 'technically' regarding the '15s. But I am certain that Ford programs a lot of updates/upgrades well in advance. I think all '15s got the wider rear track to 'prepare' for the GT350.

Grant 302 said:
2nd year wasn't long enough to justify a power bump. Just glad it wasn't factory installed TracKey! It was enough that '13s got Sync and the electronic dash upgrades.

That's why I said 'technically' regarding the '15s. But I am certain that Ford programs a lot of updates/upgrades well in advance. I think all '15s got the wider rear track to 'prepare' for the GT350.
I'm sure we'll find out soon, but from everything we've seen from the tuners, Ford appears to have pushed the factory tune pretty far already. With very little information on real world engine reliability and a completely new engine, it would surprise me if they'd push the production engines further at this point. I'm guessing they're learning a few things from the race cars, but even they are still fairly new.

Grant 302

cloud9 said:
I'm sure we'll find out soon, but from everything we've seen from the tuners, Ford appears to have pushed the factory tune pretty far already. With very little information on real world engine reliability and a completely new engine, it would surprise me if they'd push the production engines further at this point. I'm guessing they're learning a few things from the race cars, but even they are still fairly new.

History says that they make running changes every year. Many or most not advertised. Sure, most have no affect on power, but...

Making the coolers standard will almost certainly give more consitent temps, and that would allow tighter tuning...at least in theory. I don't think an initial run tune has ever been as tight as it can be. You're right that it might be too soon for running changes in '17, but it could have been planned from the start assuming they know how much was left on the table for variation and reliability.

Here is my inside info (I order them ;))
Order Bank is open, but the whole system has been down since yesterday. So, orders can start being placed for 17's on Monday.
The Price List is not open yet.
Horsepower and Torque are the "standard" TBD in the order guide...pretty much SOP before they actually hit the ground.
Track Package is Standard and can be combined with the Electronics Package if one would like that extra fluffy stuff :D

Allocation will be similar to last year's production, not enough for the demand.

Is there any official information from Ford on whether '17 will be a final year? I just had an "informed" collector tell me that '17 is it for the GT350. I thought I heard or read somewhere that they planned to make this car for several years, like the GT500.

TMO Supporting Vendors