The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 MY now available on Ford.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a heads up -

For those of you looking to track inbound cars through ford.com, I just noticed the model year 2017 is now an option, and 2015 has been removed. Must have been fairly recent as I'm on ford.com multiple times weekly.

Final reservation waiting until I see one in person, but a 2017 in Lightning Blue just might be in my future.

The extra 'R' cues and red color accents make it even more appealing too.

I was pretty sure that I was going with Lightning Blue from the pictures that I found online. On the Ford site it's a lot darker and almost seems like DIB. I'm hoping that it is similar to the Liquid Blue from the show cars. I wasn't sure about Grabber Blue on the S550 body but I built an R on the site and it looked really good. I never expected the color choice would be this difficult.

I built up a FGT in Liquid Blue but I've got two problems. One is finding an allocation and the other is finding the money to pay for it. :eek:

GotCurvz said:
I was pretty sure that I was going with Lightning Blue from the pictures that I found online. On the Ford site it's a lot darker and almost seems like DIB. I'm hoping that it is similar to the Liquid Blue from the show cars. I wasn't sure about Grabber Blue on the S550 body but I built an R on the site and it looked really good. I never expected the color choice would be this difficult.

Ford's site has historically suffered this problem with a few colors across multiple vehicle lines- The website just doesn't reflect the real color. I think this will be true for Lightning Blue, but it's also the main reason why I'm holding off until I see one in person.

The good news is every color looks great on the GT350. For me to buy one though, Lightning Blue is the first color offer that has had the same 'pull' that Competition Orange did for the Boss. Grabber blue does look fantastic as a back up choice, and the other new offer of Ruby Red looks great with no stripes. I guess these are good problems to have :)

VoodooBOSS said:
I built up a FGT in Liquid Blue but I've got two problems. One is finding an allocation and the other is finding the money to pay for it. :eek:
Money might be the easier problem to solve! Allocation... Fuhgedaboutit

GotCurvz said:

@GotCurvz FWIW, Sunnyvale Ford has a LB GT350, (Convenience package) in stock. I dropped by a couple of weeks ago to inquire and my phone has been ringing ever since. (408) 522-0229

mattlqx

Mustangless
GotCurvz said:

Lightning Blue is lighter than DIB in most lighting scenarios. I find given the choice between DIB and LB, I'd stick with DIB. It has more character, more hues and I'm not a big purple guy. Lightning Blue is nowhere close to Liquid Blue however and buying it with that assumption will lead to heartbreak.

Thanks for the info/input fellas. I saw a ecoboost mustang in Lightning Blue and I'm not feeling it. Definitely like
DIB better. I guess I'm back to my original choices: White, Grey or Race Red

TMO Supporting Vendors