The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Standard Equipment Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I haven't seen reference to the standard equipment changes for the 2017 GT350 and GT350R, so sorry if this was previously posted. But this article have some interesting information for 2017 production. Plus two new colors and two deleted colors. Here is the link:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1602-2017-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-gt350r-gain-more-standard-equipment/

Enjoy,
302 Hi Pro

What's not clear to me is if the R will come standard with AC. No mention of it being added with the electronics package.

VoodooBOSS said:
What's not clear to me is if the R will come standard with AC. No mention of it being added with the electronics package.

my read is the AC is standard. Which, at some level, could simply be a way to give 15/16 owners who were silly enough to order R's without Electronics package a way to feel more special / perhaps help with future value.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The Track Pack option goes away on GT350's as it's now standard equipment and it gets the R rear spoiler?

If A/C is standard on the R, I would have to agree with you that it would make the 15/16 R's very special as the closest Track car with a license plate that Ford has ever produced.

It will be interesting to see the differences between the R and non-R GT350's in the 2017 line up.

302 HP

I wonder if the changes were mostly because of the overheating issues people were having at the track. The coolers have now become standard equipment.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Miles long threads about this on other forums.

Coolers become standard
Track pack spoiler becomes standard
You can add a convenience package to the car to make it like a tech/track pack put together.
2 new colors added
2 old colors lost

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel