2018 Ford Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Comparison Tests, Reviews and Tech Articles' started by VoodooBoss, Nov 18, 2017.

1. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

2. Champale

Champale TMO Race

Looking forward to seeing the PP2 reviews. I have driven a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE and I really hope Ford has really stepped up to the plate to compete. The 1LE is obviously very capable but, as with all semi-recent GM performance cars that I have driven (ATS-V, gen 2 CTS-V, Chevy SS), it left me cold.

3. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

GM/ Chevy realized Ford wasn't taking any prisoners and reacted accordingly....Let's hope the battle continues!...I'm sure it will!

4. VoodooBoss

5. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Guys, this will be the 28 car in steveespo’s stable by summer 2018. White/Black/Gold to honor Davey Allison/Robert Yates Racing T-Birds. Funny they mention the market between the GT and GT350 (or GT and Boss), I have been that market for 8 years now, they finally built one that 1) will be X Plan eligible, and 2) won’t need to have a special allocation or be subject to asshat ADM. The 350 was/is a great car and if Ford was able to hold them at MSRP I may have bought 1 (or 2 as fate had it). The PP2 is right in my niche and the performance is going to surprise many doubters. Of course I will get to rubbing on the motor and aero a bit which will only make it better. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RES_22 and ChrisM like this.
  6. steveespo

[​IMG]
    Pic for attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JDee

JDee TMO Intermediate

Last I heard they were only going to build 1,000 of them, if that's true then that ADM could be a thing again. :confused:

8. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

My only grip about the new mustang is that it went from having a snout like a tiger shark (2012 at least) to looking like a nurse shark in 2018... apart from that, great car!

9. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

ADM's are always lurking out there, especially with the Ford dealer sharks in the water.This does not apply to Bill P....;)

10. JDee

JDee TMO Intermediate

If that number is right though it's going to be a pretty rare car, not as rare as a 350R, but rarer than a 350. So I am expecting people are going to see ADM as a matter of course. All the more reason to hang onto my "old" '16 PP1 and buy go fast stuff for it.;)

RES_22 likes this.
  11. 06mach1

06mach1 TMO Addict

The only I have not seen yet is where you can order cloth recaros? Leather yes...

Attached Files:

12. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

About the dealer mark ups. I bought my 2012 Boss online from a dealer, they told me just put a deposit down and wait the three months or so to get the MSRP price. I even got tracking info as my car was brought to California by train.

13. steveespo

Regarding Recaros, I don't really think they are worth it. I recently tracked a premium 2017 GT with plain leather seats and they worked just as well as the Recaros in my 2016 GT. If you are serious about track work a true race seat can be swapped in about 10 minutes before heading to the track. Of course a roll bar should be used with 6 point harnesses but again if you are tracking to this cars' potential a 4 point roll bar and harnesses should be considered minimum level of safety.

14. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

You should have that safety stuff in your vehicle just to travel on I95 in this area....:D

VoodooBoss likes this.
  15. VoodooBoss

The Recaros in the 350 hold you much better than the ones in the Boss. The Boss seats are more comfortable to me though.

steveespo likes this.
  16. steveespo

Yes the school S550 cars at Miller have the GT350 seats and they are much better than the PP or Boss Recaros